input method

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Smart Keyboard Pro with the vibrate on each key. I like how it gives the feeling of actually pressing a key down.
I tried swype breifly just to check it out. I like it but I think I like the feeling of pressing each key better.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm one of the few that actually hates Swype...no matter how much I try I just can't get used to it. Right now I'm using SwiftKey, a bit of a learning curve (though admittedly not as much as Swype's), and the latest update finally makes the keyboard attractive.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Swype was scary at first, but now I wouldn't go back to a standard keyboard for anything ... unless there were no alternative.

The hardest part about Swype is to learn where ALL the letters are on a QUERTY keyboard. If you have done a lot of typing, your two hands work together, each using half the keyboard. In Swype, it's all one hand and the FULL keyboard. If you use your left hand to Swype, you have to connect the right side of the keyboard to your left hand ... and visa versa.

At first, it's easier to use the landscape keyboard where you can see clearly where each letter is located, and you can do the Swype gestures slowly enough to locate each key. When you get proficient, you can graduate to the portrait keyboard where you pretty much have to know where the keys are.

Yes, there's a learning curve, but well worth the effort. PS - I LOVE watching that little blue line follow my Swype-ing.

rpmm70

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
It is all about Swype. I have been using it since my previous Window Mobile phone. It was one of the reasons I got the Droid X.

Sent from my DROIDX

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I think the thing that people initially don't get with Swype, at least I didn't, is how you have to squiggle your finger a little when typing a word with 2 of the same letters in a row, like "Hello".

I tried Swype when I first got my X and didn't know to do that & was always making typos. I got frustrated with it & went back to the Multitouch keyboard for a while, but when I tried Swype again and figured that out...I will never go back. You do have to train it a little by manually tapping in a few words or abbreviations that you might use regularly, but once that is done...Swype is the best.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It is all about Swype. I have been using it since my previous Window Mobile phone. It was one of the reasons I got the Droid X.

Is there a Swype keyboard for Windows Mobile? Is it called "Swype" or something else? I was showing a coworker of mine who has a new Windows Mobile 7 phone the Swype keyboard and she loved it but I didn't know if they had one similar on that OS.

rpmm70

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Is there a Swype keyboard for Windows Mobile? Is it called "Swype" or something else? I was showing a coworker of mine who has a new Windows Mobile 7 phone the Swype keyboard and she loved it but I didn't know if they had one similar on that OS.

Yes it is called Swype, but I am not sure if there is a Windows Phone 7 version. My previous phone was still on WinMo 6.5

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I use swype when im at the office and I have my Droid X lying in my desk. I don't pick my phone up at all. But other than that, I use the multi-touch keyboard.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I use swype when im at the office and I have my Droid X lying in my desk. I don't pick my phone up at all. But other than that, I use the multi-touch keyboard.
That is kinda what I had in mind for swype! Excellent input method for the office when your device is on the desk! But alas, my accuracy is much improved when I set speed vs accuracy at 50%! That change alone makes me use swype exclusively!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa