So my situation is this, I have an app on my phone you can no longer get (fancy widgets, the one that looks like the HTC one) it was a free app and I am sure someone will be able to post the file or if I look around hard enough I will find it but I want to know how to do this for future reference. I want to pull the file and install it on my wife's phone

Phone has recent update and is rooted

also I want to make sure this is allowed and can be talked about on here, I know discussing paid apps for free is not allowed

Thanks
    Ray
    12-16-2010 08:54 AM
    I don't know if this works because I have never tried it myself with any apps, but if you go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Fancy Widget>Share, can you e-mail the apk to her e-mail account and download it from there.

Again, sorry if that isn't how that function works...I have just always seen that option under the app & never actually tried it.

Since your phone is rooted, you could always back it up using someting like Titanium Backup and then pull it off of your SD card on a PC and put it on her phone.

By the way...I use that widget too. It's great & I am glad I snagged it before it was pulled. The new Fancy Widget that the developer released to the market (2.1.1) sucks compared to the one that was pulled (1.3.0).
    dubge likes this.
    12-16-2010 09:25 AM
    I use astro. Use the tool and back it up. Will then be on your sd card in backups/apps. Enjoy

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    dubge likes this.
    12-16-2010 10:48 AM
    El Jefe, I tried that and it only emails a market link for it and seeing as it is no longer on the market it says not found, but that is a good way to send apps that are still on the market

tntdroid, astro worked! I didnt even know that option was there to backup apps

thanks
    12-16-2010 03:00 PM
    You can use Titanium Backup.
    You can use adb.
    You can use "terminal emulator" to manually copy via a command line.
    12-16-2010 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD