Hi all, new here, just wanna say I am a happy droid user and received my unit last december. A few months ago I succeeded in rooting said device and since then I have ran over 13 different ROMS an average of 14 hours a day. I heard news recently about the market being pushed to devices. unfortunately I discovered this wasn't available on rooted phones running custom ROMs. I went into clockwork recovery and flashed my stock backup. pretty smooth so far right? NOT. to my disappointment, none of the root apps seemed functional. I attempted to flash clockwork recovery and nothing happened. Went into recovery to see if I could fish out the problem, I appeared to still have root but no permissions for any apps or recoveries. and yes, I tried fixing permissions. just as I thought...I no longer had clockwork recovery. my solution was to try reflashing a custom recovery on my pc but that's where things got ugly...I turned on my phone expecting everything to be hunky dory but it began cycling the boot animation. I tried rebooting again, this time it got to the lock screen and eventually the home screen. however, none of the widgets I had were functional, blank. My battery indicator at the top was red and had a slash mark thru it. I also had no service, no working wifi, bluetooth, anything. I received persistent error reports indicating that Android Process system is not responding or what not (force close)(wait). other issues began popping up, I opened Astro and found that my sdcard directory was empty. I tried opening Gallery and no pictures came up-ERROR sdcard unmounted or nonexistent-I opened my custom recovery and tried mounting and unmounting system, sdcard, cache, and data but my efforts proved futile. after a soft reset and ultimately a master reset my handset was still dysfunctional. on top of everything mentioned...after use for less than a minute my phone would pop into its droid eye boot animation randomly.

took my phone to verizon the next day and they hooked me up with a new unit.

If you have and identical issues, please share them with me and don't do whatever I did wrong!
    12-16-2010 11:44 PM
    Your device was not "bricked", you could've recovered it by flashing an sbf file with RSD Lite.
    12-17-2010 12:34 AM
    tried that. no luck
    12-17-2010 12:45 AM
    What did you SBF? were you running OS 2.2 or 2.2.1, which are i blieve 2.3.320 and 2.3.340
    12-17-2010 12:59 AM
    More importantly, could you clarify which phone you have? This is the Droid X forum (4.3" screen, no physical keyboard), but you said you bought the phone last December and the X came out over the summer. Do you have an original Motorola Droid (with the slide-out keyboard)?
    12-17-2010 06:21 AM
    More importantly, could you clarify which phone you have........
    That too, i guess. ;]
    12-17-2010 06:31 AM
    +1 RSD lite and SBF
    12-17-2010 12:20 PM
    Hi all, new here, just wanna say I am a happy droid user and received my unit last december. A few months ago I succeeded in rooting said device and since then I have ran over 13 different ROMS an average of 14 hours a day. I heard news recently about the market being pushed to devices. unfortunately I discovered this wasn't available on rooted phones running custom ROMs.
    Just FYI too I got the new market yesterday, I'm rooted an on ApeX Rom.

I been on that Rom for a week ,sorry but you jumped the gun on that one.

Sent using TaPaTaLk
    12-17-2010 12:33 PM
    Sorry all, must have picked the wrong Droid thread. Im using the D1. primariliy had stock 2.2.1, tried flashing a 2.2.1 sbf recovery and f***** it up some how.
    12-17-2010 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD