is it safe to buy and store cc info in the MARKET

tbdbuckeyeitl

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
How safe is it to buy from the market over the phone. Does the market stor your credit card on the phone. HAs anyone ever had problems with their credit card or information??

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I been buying over a year and never a issue. My personal advice is to link a credit card and not a debit card. Someone steals you credit card info most likely will be returned after some time due to fraud. Use your debit and you may be out some money until its all worked out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
your card info isnt stored on the phone itself; it is linked to your google checkout account (which in turn is linked to your google account). lets say the worst happens and your phone gets stolen or something. you are able to remove your credit card from your google checkout at any time on any computer so you dont have to worry about someone charging your card or stealing your CC info. plus you get an email any time your card is used with google checkout

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Coincidence or not, both my wife's and my debit card were used fraudulently in Lebanon today. I had to call the bank to freeze the cards and dispute the charges. I've been racking my brains to figure out what online purchase(s) (I figure it had to be an online purchase) led to our card information being captured. My most recent purchases were a live wallpaper from the Google Market and Amazon.com.

Just be diligent when it comes to getting your bank statements.

BrianTX

Jul 23, 2010
plus.google.com
I had my card fraudulently used in florida, the only thing the card is used for is the market. Don't know if it was stolen through google or chase. Chase reimbursed me for every bad charge, very happy with their fraud department.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Most card information is stolen physically, electronically you can steal a lot all at once (and the breach makes news), but it's MUCH easier to modify a Point of Sale device to record the numbers or for a low paid gas station attendant, waitress, or hotel clerk to just write down the information.

Google is Level One PCI compliant which means it's particularly difficult to steal credit card data from them, they also go through frequent audits of the security structures in place.

18171.strip.gif

Dilbert comic strip for 01/11/1996 from the official Dilbert comic strips archive.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It's impossible to guarantee security, though the likelihood of your data being used from google is low. If it really bothers you, have your bank give yo a credit card with a $100 limit and only use that.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I never had a problem. I don't like the fact though that some of these apps are outside the U.S. I had my credit card company contact me because they were seeing purchases being made in European currencies. Just a precaution to prevent fraud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49