can I change gallery as my default pic app

RTR13

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have had it with Gallery.... I have unmounted/remounted/ copied/rebooted, etc etc and although my pictures are all in my DCIM folder and I can see them through Astro- they will not show up in Gallery! All my custom icons, pics etc are worthless to me at this point as for example: I want to change an icon. I long press> chose custom> and by default takes me to Gallery. I tried settings> manage apps> Gallery> clear default. But clear default is not an option. I DL 3D gallery and immediately uninstalled as it produced same result as Gallery> No pictures! Any suggestions, advice? Thanks!!

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
try looking for a picture that is 0kb or just unusually small. it may be corrupted. if you can't find it do this:

try copying your sd card to a computer. formatting it. then moving a pictures to the card in chunks. if the gallery works at first then breaks you know that the corrupted file is in that group and you can start moving smaller chunks till you find it

RTR13

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
try looking for a picture that is 0kb or just unusually small. it may be corrupted. if you can't find it do this:

try copying your sd card to a computer. formatting it. then moving a pictures to the card in chunks. if the gallery works at first then breaks you know that the corrupted file is in that group and you can start moving smaller chunks till you find it

Thxs for the reply.... I found several files: No Media, 0kb. I deleted them and re-booted and still have same problem. As for copying SD card.... my pc does not have this capability externally. I know I can buy something that will work, but is there a way to do this w/out spending more $$

Thxs

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
you don't have any hard drive space on your computer? all you'd have to do is hook up your x with the usb cable and turn it into a mass storage device.

then pull up my computer and move the files to a folder on your desktop

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
try moving any images from your DCIM folder that are not pictures taken from your camera to another folder on your SD card. you can create a folder called "icons" for example and place everything in there. the gallery should find those images there.

any image that is not a photo taken from the droid x camera that is in the DCIM folder will not be shown by the gallery

RTR13

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I moved pics from DCIM and placed them as you suggested. Synced phone and still nothing. Gallery opens to nothing....My pictures clearly are on my phone as I can see them through different apps and through Astro. My biggest problem now and one that I hope there is a solution: How do I clear Gallery as my default??

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
This is just a guess but can't help or hurt to try. Go to settings, then applications, then manage apps, then click the All tab and scroll down unitl you get to gallary, select then clear defaualts and clear data. Restart your phone then see what happens. On a side note when I mounted and unmounted my sd card and then opened using gallary 3d it took several minutes and I mean several for the pictures to populate (i have over 1,000 pics) but after they fully populated initially they app opens smoothly.

Hope this helps.

RTR13

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Thxs.... tried this as well. And what is odd; I can't select clear default for Gallery. Its not greyed out? Will try to mount/unmount again later.

Thxs again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692