3G Booster?

pastorsteve

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
At my house, I get 3G on and off--we live near Jurassic park..lol...My home high speed internet goes out regularly, so I sure could use 3G on my phone...

Is there a product, download etc I can use to get a stronger signal on internet--to make my phone 3G all the time at my house?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The new version of Verizon's Network Extender boost both cell as well as 3G. It's a great product and gives solid service throughout my 3 story home.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I would have recommended the Network Extender above, but you said your landline Internet doesn't work well, either. Sadly, without a broadband Internet connection the Network Extenders won't work, either. It's also probably easier to connect to wifi for the times the network is available.

First, have you looked at other Internet options in the area? Upgrading to FiOS or uVerse (Verizon and AT&T's fiber-based network, respectively) may solve your reliability issues.

Barring that, or just getting your ISP to fix the issues, you'll be stuck with repeaters. I have one of these for my wife's Blackberry:
Wi-Ex :: Home

It works decently, but you need to place the antenna properly. I've got mine in the attic, ran the cable to the basement, and then brought it up in the living room where the base station is. It gets me a few extra bars on Verizon and AT&T, but T-Mobile is still absent. Note that you need to play with it to figure out where you need to stand, if I'm right next to it the signal is too hot and I drop the call, if I'm 10' away it's much better.

Again, for anyone with a stable broadband connection, the Verizon femtocell solution is a much better choice:
Set Your Location

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Personal experience, the network extender is worth every penny and is extremely effective, though jdbower (above_ is correct. The integrity of the broadcast will only be as good as the internet signal going to it. For those who have strong speeds/connectivity, I highly recommend the extender.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae