WIFI Running Really Sluggish?

Colt

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Guys,

Maybe it's just me, but my wi-fi now seems extremely slow after receiving the update! Some of the pages even time out and fail to load! Are any of you experiencing this? Wi-Fi was just about as quick as the 3G but now it runs ridiculously slow! Any suggestions? Thanks

Colt

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If I have a weak Wifi signal (mostly when I am down in my basement on the opposite side of the house than the router), I have the issues you do, but that is it.

Do you closer to the router?

cloud92

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, just got my Droid X here, so forgive me if I ask a total noob question... but I also have been noticing that issue with wi-fi after updating to 2.3.340, the wif-fi hangs and then says connection not found in every data application yet it shows I am connected to wi-fi, I have to disconnect and then reconnect. And then it will do it again later, I have not yet timed the intervals, but wondering if this has to do with my encryption being WPA2 vs. WEP even though the user guide recommends WPA2 for obvious reasons... anyone else have this issue or have any recommendations?

Colt

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Signal is good

My signal is excellent. It really is starting to annoy me. Is there an easy way to go back to the old version? Wi-Fi was faster than 3G before and now most of the pages are hit or miss on whether they even load or not. Thanks

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
same here....i actually sit next to my router and have full wifi signal...and still sluggish. was not like this before the update.