WiFi Issues after 2.3.340

crcucb

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Since doing the update the other day my wifi has been horrible. I use to be able to connect to my home network, rdp to my laptop, and use ES File Explorer to copy files from my laptop shared drive to my Droid X. Now this hardly works. If I am able to start a copy using ES File Explorer it usually fails and I can hardly get connected with Could RDP.
I also notice that when I plug in my phone USB to my computer it reboots, before it never did that.
Is it possible to go back a version? If I do a factory reset it may take it back to pre 2.2 and I am okay with going to 2.2, I just don't want this 2.3.340.
Or other ideas?
My TP Link Wireless router is running in mixed mode, because I have mixed devices. Note my droid is not rooted, I never don't anything "special to it", didn't even know about the android system recovery menu and clearing cache until today. Tried it and it didn't work.
I also don't know how to backup my OS if I try another update, how to go back in case it doesn't work

jcarlosfox

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
A factory reset will NOT take you back a version, and the update is probably not the source of your problems. A factory reset will likely cure the problem. There are plenty of threads here on backing up your applications and settings. After you do a reset, you might try installing your applications one at a time. Maybe one your installed has caused your problem. It's unlikely, though. My best guess is the factory reset will fix you up. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay