Creating Image/full backup of my Droid X

rvpals

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi, everyone

Ever since I had the incident when my Droid X becoming a brick that almost give me a heart attack (thanks to the knowledgeable & helpful users here that saved the day for me, I was able to flash and get my Phone back to 2.2), I've been thinking about a good way to image my phone.

In the computer world, we can always use a program like Acronis TruImage, or Norton Ghost etc to create a byte for byte image of the computer. When disaster strikes, I can easily just boot the computer with a rescue disc, and then restore the computer from my image file. I will be up and running in 30 minutes.

Is is possible to do the same for my Droid X phone? just wondering.

Thank you.:)

rvpals

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
The reason is that: I'm a developer, I am learning to create apps on the phone, and I love to do anything I can to tinker with it, sometimes doing something stupid or risky that could have trash my phone.

If there is a good image solution, then I can do whatever I want without worrying about it. Unfortunately, I'm not rich enough to have 1 phone just for experimenting, and 2nd phone for actual phone use.

The only way I could think about right now is: based on my experience with RSDlite that I could always flash my phone back to 2.2.

By flashing the phone back to 2.2 would erase all the custom things I had, such as my game's score, phone contact etc.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
clockwork recovery has a nandroid backup that works well.
just install Bootstrap and boot into recovery and perform the backup

I like rom manager too because you can manage your backups...

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Root with Z4 Root, then make a backup as mentioned above. There are also apps that can help, but not as all inclusive as the backups made in recovery: Titanium Backup, Astro file Manager, My Backup Pro, and many others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze