Gingerbread and Apps

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Probably a dumb question answered a couple hundred times already, but a search didn't reveal it... Will these programs I'm buying work on gingerbread? I'm thinking of upgrading my ADWLauncher but don't want to spend the $$$ if I'll have to buy it again...

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes just like they currently are doing the delv will make necessary adjustments. Some have all ready started the process

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Probably a dumb question answered a couple hundred times already, but a search didn't reveal it... Will these programs I'm buying work on gingerbread? I'm thinking of upgrading my ADWLauncher but don't want to spend the $$$ if I'll have to buy it again...

It is not guarantee that all apps will work, but it is in the best interest for devs, with paid apps make sure they work.....But Gingerbread is not very far off from Froyo, anything that works on Froyo is said to work on Gingerbread so really no worrys.

Happy Holidays

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread is NOT the recent 2.2 update (2.3.340). That was an update to Froyo's 2.2, making it a 2.2.1 operating system.

Gingerbread is still in the future and a subject of considerable debate as to when it will be available ... and IF the DX will even get it (most think the X wil get it.)

Confusion reigns over the recent update and the anticipated Gingerbread.

However, it is true that developers try very hard to keep their apps current.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol