Problems Restoring Files With TiBu for Update

bondguy399

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Alright guys, I've done quite a bit of research trying to figure out why my phone wouldn't do the 2.3 update. I figure its because I removed some of the factory "bloatware"

Now, before you yell at me for not backing anything up, I Installed Titanium Backup Pro, and used it to backup everything before choosing uninstall. The problem is, TiBu won't restore some of the applications though it shows a backup exists.

Currently the only two i haven't been able to recover are:

Files 2.2
3g Mobile Hotspot.

I'm assuming its the files 2.2 thats causing the problem, but either way I'd like to be able to restore both of them. But Ti Isn't doing it for me.

Where can Find these specific files...and why didn't Ti Like these specific ones though it worked fine for others?

Thanks in advance guys!

bondguy399

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, So, I have been doing more AND MORE research.

I found a small disclaimer in the TiBu's FAQ site stating that It doesn't backup stock apps on your rom, only their data.

It describes that i need to either reinstall the exact rom i'm currently using OR extract that rom and manually move the needed files into the /system/app folder.

Problem is, i believe i found a 2.3.15 version, extracted and moved the files onto the phone's sd card. I simply created a folder on the phone called "FIX"

I copied the FileManager.apk, and the Mynet.apk files to this folder, as well as the .odex files i located from another site (though i believe the odex files may be from a 2.6.x build).

Using root manager I moved these files into the /system/app folder and aligned their permissions with the other folders in there. (user:rw, group:r, others:r)

Then when i try to install the files using package installer it opens, confirms i would like to install, and i click install. The status bar shows up for less that a second and i receive a "! Application not installed" error.

Do i need to push these files with adb instead of drag and drop method?

Perhaps someone has the proper ODEX files i need?

ANY help or light on the situation would be greatly appreciated!

bondguy399

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Incase anyone is interested, I ended up figuring it out.

Be careful with Titanium Backup, use the rename method or freeze method to remove bloatware. I get why now.

I finally ended up finding a complete 2.3.15 dump with the .odex files aswell. and though i couldn't get the FileManager or Mynet.apk files to install, simply having them in the correct location allowed the ota updates.

Best of luck to everyone.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Glad you got yours fixed an, Yup that's why I just freeze what I didn't want with TBpro when on stock rom.

Sent using TaPaTaLk