Apps disappeared, Market frozen out, and more

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Here I am after a google and Android Central search for help. (over two hours researched)

This past Thursday night, my X would not stay on wi-fi. I checked out phone settings, router and of course internet connection. Laptop worked fine connecting to my router. After powering down and up a few times it just seemed odd. So I shut off my phone and went to bed. Friday morning I turn on my DX and I click on my desktop shortcut for Word Feud. Nothing happens. I go to my app page and there is no icon for it any longer. I also notice that Angry Birds is missing as well as App Brain. Basically there are about 5 apps not showing anywhere. I go to market and try to download and on my downloads page it says all apps are installed. I attempt to re install but it it freezes at downloading or installing.
I then go to settings> applications> manage and under every item listed it says computing. I left it on the page with sizes "computing" for about 10 minutes and nothing. I click on an app and it pulls up with everything shadowed out. All size appropriate places say computing". I

Something is weird. Well why not just factory reset and start from scratch for fun. Yes, I forfeit I would lose ALL Angry Bird levels, all special saved dictionaries, and much more.

I have since done 4 factory resets. I sometimes can connect on my wifi. I am able to get my primary gmail accounts signed in. I an able to use the browser sometimes like now.
I go to market> downloads it shows all apps trying to download our install. I am unable to install anything at all. This includes My VZW , Google Maps update, my purchased copy of SwiftKey. Also, I cannot install from my sd card either.

Thanks to anyone who reads this

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
what do you mean by this, are you trying to download the apps from market to the SD card and they wont take?

Thanks for asking me to clarify. I have some apps I either backed up using Astro or downloaded direct from a web site. For instance I purchased Launcher Pro through their website rather than the Market. The latest update I downloaded from their site before it was shown in the market. In this case, I have the apk file on my sd card. Using Files app I should be able to click on the file and have it installed. Oh yes, I have checked the box alloweing for non Market apps to be installed.

Another note, I am running 2.2.1 On my X and it has never been rooted. I also have had no problems since getting this in September. I am a heavy user with twitter, web surfing, docs to go, emails and text messaging.

Thanks

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you able to retrieve music or take pictures?

Oops by the way, after I posted I figured one more factory reset can't hurt. So I did. Only added primary gmail. I never ever sync with Verizon backup assistant as it has destroyed my contact list in the past on 4 different phones and gmail syncs great so far. Market still ineffective and still can't utilize any apk file to bypass the market. 3G never came up and it asked me to hook int wifi. If I remove wifi 3g nor 1x are working. That is a new development.

Just tried default camera. Works fine. Took a crappy picture of the garbage can so I won't post. I don?t have music on my X or on sd card to try and receive.

I am still posting via the default browser.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Oops by the way, after I posted I figured one more factory reset can't hurt. So I did. Only added primary gmail. I never ever sync with Verizon backup assistant as it has destroyed my contact list in the past on 4 different phones and gmail syncs great so far. Market still ineffective and still can't utilize any apk file to bypass the market. 3G never came up and it asked me to hook int wifi. If I remove wifi 3g nor 1x are working. That is a new development.

Just tried default camera. Works fine. Took a crappy picture of the garbage can so I won't post. I don?t have music on my X or on sd card to try and receive.

I am still posting via the default browser.

Try this, settings>wireless&networks>mobile networks,,,check roaming data.... the call *228 option 2

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
No luck. I tried it before but did again to follow through. No 3g now. Too strange. Going to powerdown and up now.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Lol. The Fascinate is an upgrade. Interesting. Can't afford an upgrade before contract up no matter what I would consider.
Was planning on contacting VZW Monday. Was hoping someone here would come up with even a temporary fix. I have a dislike for refurbished items as I have had past issues with VZW BlackBerry refurbs. One time when I was at band camp, they shipped me 3 replacements for my BB Tour 9630. First wouldn't boot up. Second went into continuous boot cycle. Third worked for a month. Similar thing happened to a friend too.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Lol. The Fascinate is an upgrade. Interesting. Can't afford an upgrade before contract up no matter what I would consider.
Was planning on contacting VZW Monday. Was hoping someone here would come up with even a temporary fix. I have a dislike for refurbished items as I have had past issues with VZW BlackBerry refurbs. One time when I was at band camp, they shipped me 3 replacements for my BB Tour 9630. First wouldn't boot up. Second went into continuous boot cycle. Third worked for a month. Similar thing happened to a friend too.

Well to me it was an upgrade,,,yeah im sorry i just cant make sense of whats up with your phone, in this case it sounds like a radio issue since it wont connect to 3G

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I am now able to connect to Wi-Fi or 3G.

After a Factory Reset, I set up my primary account and let it sync.
I go to Market and it automatically starts to download apps from previous setup. After downloads finish, it says Installing.....
It says installing now for 5 hours since last factory install.
Also, If I go to Settings>Applications> Manage Appliscations> click ALL - It says Computing.....
Again this has shown this for over 5 hours this time. I called VZW and they were no help and said sending a Refurb.

Great wonderful... Buttons are hard to press.. WORSE same things happen.. I am at a loss of what is going on in the background

still_smoking

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
same thing happened to me friday night. apps that i have had from the beginning were now not there and the market would just freeze with the installing arrow in my notification bar. i also did a factory reset and nothing helped. went to VZW store and all they could do is tell me i had to wait 2 more business days for a replacement to be shipped.

maricopa1963

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Had these problems myself. I stuck my sd card into my laptop and backed up my pics and viids. Then I formated my sd card. Perfecto!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis