I have no idea when this happened, but I've recently noticed that all my contacts have duplicate Note fields. For every contact that has a note, there are two identical ones. This is only on my phone. If I log into gmail on a pc, every contact has only one note field. Any idea what might have caused this?
    12-28-2010 02:33 PM
    Does anyone else have this duplicate note field issue?
    12-30-2010 10:35 AM
    No...but did you link your contacts together from different groups. Only thing I can think of that might cause that. In contacts you have an option to link a contact from one group(say Facebook) to another group (like Google). If anything delete all your contacts and re-sync them again.
    greydarrah likes this.
    12-30-2010 10:44 AM
    Prob due to loading/backing up contacts through gmail and backup assistant.
    greydarrah likes this.
    12-30-2010 10:50 AM
    I'm not using backup assistant or have any other groups, like facebook, but I am beta testing Aro Mobile, which has it's own contact manager. It may be the culprit.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    12-30-2010 11:09 AM
    What a pain....just had the same problem with the duplicate notes and profile links. For some reason I hit backup assistant...had to delete all contacts stored on backup assistant from the pc and reload my contacts and link their groups all over again.
    12-31-2010 02:43 AM
    Be really suspicious of the Verizon auto backup app. If it's activated (which happens when you first fire up the X), it will make a MESS of your contacts, syncing multiple times, throwing in old addresses, etc.

Only cure I found was to do a Factory Data Reset (ugg!) immediately after going to the My Verizon website and deleting ALL contact info there. On startup after the FDR, make SURE you skip the "activate" for Verizon's backup app. No way to shut it down after it's activated, unfortunately, and you can't delete it.
    12-31-2010 03:40 PM
    Be really suspicious of the Verizon auto backup app. If it's activated (which happens when you first fire up the X), it will make a MESS of your contacts, syncing multiple times, throwing in old addresses, etc.

Only cure I found was to do a Factory Data Reset (ugg!) immediately after going to the My Verizon website and deleting ALL contact info there. On startup after the FDR, make SURE you skip the "activate" for Verizon's backup app. No way to shut it down after it's activated, unfortunately, and you can't delete it.
    Exactly what I had to do. What a hassle. Figured if im doing a factory reset I might as well root the phone. Now its really gone for good.
    12-31-2010 06:33 PM
    I have a very similar problem. My notes field duplicates in my contact file any time i edit the notes in a particular contact. Then, only the top (probably the original) notes file reflects the change. The other notes file, presumably the duplicate, does not change and cannot be edited/seemingly doesn't exist when in edit mode on my phone. Also the second notes file/the duplicate does not show up when i go into gmail contacts on my computer. It only shows up when in contacts on my phone. Any insights greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    11-21-2016 06:05 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I recommend creating a new thread for your question, since you've responded to a 5 year old thread in the Droid X forum, a dinosaur of a phone. If there's a subforum for your phone, post it there -- otherwise, post in the General Help & How To forum. Thanks!
    11-21-2016 10:58 PM
    I have a very similar problem. My notes field duplicates in my contact file any time i edit the notes in a particular contact. Then, only the top (probably the original) notes file reflects the change. The other notes file, presumably the duplicate, does not change and cannot be edited/seemingly doesn't exist when in edit mode on my phone. Also the second notes file/the duplicate does not show up when i go into gmail contacts on my computer. It only shows up when in contacts on my phone. Any insights greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Did anyone ever find a solution for this? I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S7. Not just notes but also phone numbers which are still displayed after I've deleted them (but don't appear in edit mode).
    01-12-2020 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD