car setup

mburghdorf

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I have my Droid X hooked into a fm transmitter through the headphone jack. It plays fine until I plug in the power cable. Once I do this I get noise. I've tried different usb cables and still I get the same thing. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and if they have found a fix for this issue?

I'm also wondering if anyone has tried connecting it to a Bluetooth fm transmitter and had better results?

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I have my Droid X hooked into a fm transmitter through the headphone jack. It plays fine until I plug in the power cable. Once I do this I get noise. I've tried different usb cables and still I get the same thing. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and if they have found a fix for this issue?

I'm also wondering if anyone has tried connecting it to a Bluetooth fm transmitter and had better results?

Does your car have bluetooth? Just skip the FM transmitter and just go bluetooth to bluetooth? I listen to my X through the bluetooth in my truck, and it is SUPER clear, and can control the X through the head unit..

scandluz22

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Does your car have bluetooth? Just skip the FM transmitter and just go bluetooth to bluetooth? I listen to my X through the bluetooth in my truck, and it is SUPER clear, and can control the X through the head unit..

You have a factory stereo that plays music through bluetooth? If so what kind of car do you drive?

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Lexus IS F. It has built in Bluetooth for streaming music from the phone. you can get aftermarket Bluetooth adapters for just about any car. Also lots of aftermarket radios have bluetooth built in..

karmiccalamity

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
The noise is known as alternator whine... the best way to fix this is a ground isolater... but they are expensive and hard to find... i would try running a larger and more direct ground to the power outlet

Beamed up from DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: mburghdorf

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance