dropped my X

FormerIphoney

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, I dropped my DX from about 2ft, on to a cement floor at work... the outcome wasn't pretty.

Had it replaced locally with an oem screen today 100$ later.

Pics for proof:
2010-12-31_17-59-41_821.jpg

2010-12-31_18-00-08_451.jpg

_

The phone was fully functionable after the drop.
I also did some scratch tests on the damaged screen.
I grinded a key into the screen as hard as I could, nothing. Not a mark. It may not be shatter proof, but it is damn sure almost scratch resistant.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
WOW, crazy pics. Glad you were able to get it repaired. Thanks for the scratch test! Thats one way to do it! I know a lot of us were wondering about how the gorrila glass was for that.

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
So sorry that happened. Glad the outcome was good in the end except for your wallet. Nice on the scratch test... Try taking a diamond to it if you have one. or some harder items than a key.

Last edited:

UltraDroid

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
That's terrible! I'm glad you were able to get it repaired. Interesting, about the Gorilla Glass on the DX.

Best wishes for 2011!

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I was always too scared to try and purposely scratch the screen to test it. Ironically, I had it in my empty pocket and got 2 tiny scratches. One in the outer black rim and one that brings out the pixels in the main area :x

smittybass

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Would you mind posting some pics of the phone with the new screen for comparison?? Just curious really to see it with the cracked one side by side lol. If possible just for fun-zies, ha, video the scratch test? Not that we dont believe you, just so when people ask about it when we say "scratch resistant" we can go, "watch this" lol.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Did you have a case on it? I accidentally dropped mine from my armpit level (I am 5'11") on my tile kitchen floor the other day with no problems, but I have an Otterbox Commuter case on it.