Ok, so I had to first "big screen" smart phone, Droid X. I loved it. Customized led light, ringtones, notification....then I switched to the iphone 4s. Originally, I hated it because the screen was so small, but I switched because of the camera. Three years later Apple finally decides to finally enlarge their screens-and nothing else. So I decided to wait and what the Galaxy s6 had to offer before I upgrade to the i6. April 10th, I went to Verizon and fell in love and was excited to be back with Android. Its been almost 2 weeks and the honeymoon phase is over :-( I guess I just became too comfortable with the simplicity of Apple. Its not as fun as I remember from having the Droid X and I'm getting a little frustrated because I cant seem to figure out how to use this phone-I'm hoping you Android lovers can help me out here...

1. One thing I miss terribly from the iphone is the notification setup. It doesn't seem that Android gives the option for badge notification, but is there any way to turn off just the sound for mail notification in the Gmail app? All I can figure out is to either turn off all notifications or have the sound and just be able to see how many unread messages? I just want sound notification for my text messages. Also, do all notifications need to show up in the panel? I am having to constantly clear everything because I get so many notifications for app updates, email, even the weather!

2. Another thing I miss is the task app. Is there an app just for setting up task reminders without having to use my calendar?

Any other tips are greatly appreciated!
    04-21-2015 07:30 PM
    1. One thing I miss terribly from the iphone is the notification setup. It doesn't seem that Android gives the option for badge notification, but is there any way to turn off just the sound for mail notification in the Gmail app? All I can figure out is to either turn off all notifications or have the sound and just be able to see how many unread messages? I just want sound notification for my text messages. Also, do all notifications need to show up in the panel? I am having to constantly clear everything because I get so many notifications for app updates, email, even the weather!
    In the Gmail app, go to Settings > you@gmail.com > Inbox sound & vibrate > Sound > None

If you want badge notifications, then you can install a launcher that supports it (like Nova Launcher Prime).

2. Another thing I miss is the task app. Is there an app just for setting up task reminders without having to use my calendar?
    Google Keep can do task reminders for you, and there's no shortage of other to-do list apps in the market.
    In the Gmail app, go to Settings > you@gmail.com > Inbox sound & vibrate > Sound > None

If you want badge notifications, then you can install a launcher that supports it (like Nova Launcher Prime).

Google Keep can do task reminders for you, and there's no shortage of other to-do list apps in the market.
    04-21-2015 07:46 PM