Reply All

brockw1964

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
rehashing an old thread here,in fact, I joined here hoping to resolve this issue: Using handcent on bionic- when I reply to an incoming message that was sent to multiple recipients, my reply goes out to "all"- even if I don't know them, or don't want it to go to them. How do I disable this?

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
rehashing an old thread here,in fact, I joined here hoping to resolve this issue: Using handcent on bionic- when I reply to an incoming message that was sent to multiple recipients, my reply goes out to "all"- even if I don't know them, or don't want it to go to them. How do I disable this?

I have Handcent and when I reply to a message with multiple recipients it only goes to the sender, how can you tell it's going to multiple?

brockw1964

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol... can you see anywhere in your reply that it lists out all the recipients?

Well, not really. The incoming message header shows the sender (shows the name of the person, since they are a contact of mine), followed by a ";" followed by phone numbers I don't recognize. Then when I reply, it goes out to those unknown recipients as well as my contact. Strange- been using handcent for couple years...

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, not really. The incoming message header shows the sender (shows the name of the person, since they are a contact of mine), followed by a ";" followed by phone numbers I don't recognize. Then when I reply, it goes out to those unknown recipients as well as my contact. Strange- been using handcent for couple years...

Wish I could help, I have the opposite problem where it only goes to one recipient but I want to figure out how to reply to them all like on almost any other phone OS it seems. :p

dequardo#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

This is maddening. I too have a Bionic and for the life of me can't figure this out. Ever get this sorted out?

Thanks!

Mike

zack fair

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
the only time i've seen the "reply to all" button show up was when i received a group mms. i have tried several different sms apps (handcent, go sms, etc...) but have yet to see it for a group sms. the only "workaround" is when i use my google voice for group sms. i have given up trying to find a solution for this for my droid x.

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
the only time i've seen the "reply to all" button show up was when i received a group mms. i have tried several different sms apps (handcent, go sms, etc...) but have yet to see it for a group sms. the only "workaround" is when i use my google voice for group sms. i have given up trying to find a solution for this for my droid x.

I have a Droid X, received an MMS to multiple people just today and I do not see a reply all option in handcent or the built in text app. Where do you see it when you have it available? It's driving me nuts to not be able to reply to everyone.

daruffins

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
For those of you wanting the reply all function, have you tried using Facebook's or Google's messenger app? I believe both of these apps have group messaging capabilities. And no the people you send messages to do not have to have Facebook or Google plus accounts, you can just use their phone number.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

dequardo#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I just want to be able to reply to the sender (only) when I'm part of a group MMS text. I see this easiily done in the stock msg app but no way to do it via Handcent. I must be missing something. Help.

Mike

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
For those of you wanting the reply all function, have you tried using Facebook's or Google's messenger app? I believe both of these apps have group messaging capabilities. And no the people you send messages to do not have to have Facebook or Google plus accounts, you can just use their phone number.

Are you talking about Google Voice or Google Talk? I have tried using Voice but the number is different than my actual number, which I like for other purposes but when trying to text my friends I will have to tell everyone call me here but text me here. Plus I'm not sure if the group texts work in replying all.

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I just want to be able to reply to the sender (only) when I'm part of a group MMS text. I see this easiily done in the stock msg app but no way to do it via Handcent. I must be missing something. Help.

Mike

Wish we could trade problems, lol. When you reply to a group in Handcent where do you see that it is going to everyone? If I reply it just goes to the sender, and if I create a text and send to multiple people I see a separate text going to each person.

daruffins

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
No, I'm talking about the messenger app that automatically downloads when you download the Google + app. I think it used to be called Huddles and then they changed the name of it to Messenger. I have the latest version of Google + which is not available in the market yet and now they're calling it Chord.

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
No, I'm talking about the messenger app that automatically downloads when you download the Google + app. I think it used to be called Huddles and then they changed the name of it to Messenger. I have the latest version of Google + which is not available in the market yet and now they're calling it Chord.

Hmmm, I will check that out, what # does it show the texts coming from when you send one? Thanks.

daruffins

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
If the person you're sending the message to has a Google plus account, I think it would just show your name, otherwise it should show your normal number.

zack fair

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a Droid X, received an MMS to multiple people just today and I do not see a reply all option in handcent or the built in text app. Where do you see it when you have it available? It's driving me nuts to not be able to reply to everyone.

it was in the stock text messaging app. i actually didn't notice that i had replied to all until after i sent the message and then saw that someone else replied to my message. i went back to the original mms and saw that there was the "reply to all" button and it listed all the other phone numbers in the mms list.

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea how you got that to happen. I did figure out if I add a subject to convert it to an MMS, when I send it to multiple people they can reply all then instead of it actually sending an individual text to each person. However, when they do reply, they come back as individual texts not to the group text like it seems in your screenshot. At that point I can only reply to the one person, or I'd have to go back in to my original message and convert it to an MMS again to send to multiple people all at once rather than separate texts. Either way there should just be an option to reply to all, or reply to just the sender but I guess they didn't want to make it that easy. :(