Reply All

TechWhore

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I use handcent. You go to the menu and click on more then batch mode. You can select who to send to.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I use handcent. You go to the menu and click on more then batch mode. You can select who to send to.

I'm trying to find a way to reply all on sms/mms also. What you described above would only be for sending messages and I'm not even sure if that's the correct way to do it either. To send to multiple people I normally just hit new text and add more than one person to the To: line.

Then someone replies all I can see the phone numbers listed in the text if I do a view details on the message, but I don't see any way to reply to all the numbers that received that incoming text.

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I saw how to do it on Blackberry and iPhone over the weekend on friend's phones, but I still cannot find a reply all in the stock text messaging app, Handcent or GOSMS on Android. Has anyone been able to do this?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The stock messaging app, if that is what your using(Details!) does not have that capacity. If you start with a fresh message, when you select Create New Message, you have to start typing one person's name, and as long as you have a contact matching those entry letters, they will appear which u tap to add as you described. If you receive a forwarded message, you can only reply to the person who forwarded it to you, not all people it was given to. Too bad it isnt like e-mail, but then again, it isnt supposed to be, its text messaging.

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. I said I tried using stock, handcent and gosms, can't find the option in any. I know it's text messaging, but on BB and iPhone when they receive an MMS they can select reply all and it will go back to everyone on the original message. I'm not sure if SMS works the same way. I can easily send a message to multiple people, but then when they reply back to all it just comes back to me as an individual text which I then still can't reply all to. If I "view message details" I can see all the numbers for who received it but can't reply to all of them.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. I said I tried using stock, handcent and gosms, can't find the option in any. I know it's text messaging, but on BB and iPhone when they receive an MMS they can select reply all and it will go back to everyone on the original message. I'm not sure if SMS works the same way. I can easily send a message to multiple people, but then when they reply back to all it just comes back to me as an individual text which I then still can't reply all to. If I "view message details" I can see all the numbers for who received it but can't reply to all of them.

No problem. And what I highlighted in your response may just be the answer to your problems. You seem to talk alot about what the BB and iPhone can do in comparison to Android and an X. Different devices, different engineering. Some do this, some do that. Sucks in a way, but not too much. Plus, why are you still playing w BB and iPhones when you have a Android now? lol

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Lol, I came from a BB and I thought I remembered being able to reply all to texts so I looked at a friends over the weekend and sure enough it was an option. I know they are different devices, but I was hoping there was some way or some app on Android to allow this since it's a pain to have to create a new text with all the recipients just to reply all to a text that was received.

BNC173

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to this I can't believe they have all of these usless 3rd party apps out there but something that there is a need for nody is able to come up with?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This is a odd item to want in my opinion, why would you want to reply to everyone you have received text messages from? I understand doing this with a email but I don't get the purpose of doing this with a text message.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I've never done this with a sms/mms even when I had a BB. Wish I could point you in the right direction. Don't think that it can be done.

Deezflip

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
This is a odd item to want in my opinion, why would you want to reply to everyone you have received text messages from? I understand doing this with a email but I don't get the purpose of doing this with a text message.

...You seem to talk alot about what the BB and iPhone can do in comparison to Android and an X. Different devices, different engineering. Some do this, some do that. Sucks in a way, but not too much. Plus, why are you still playing w BB and iPhones when you have a Android now? lol

the text message "reply to all" has been around even before Blackberrys and iPhones. I remember my old nokia had this capability, why would this be an odd item to want?

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why this would be an odd item to want, if someone sends a text out to a group of people wouldn't you want to be able to reply to all of them at the same time if you had to or wanted to? It seems like a waste of time to have to reply to each of them individually with the same message, especially when other phones can easily accomplish this.

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Still haven't been able to find any app that does this. Thought I found one, but it was just to send group texts out not reply to all when they come back in. I thought that was pretty useless since I can do that even with the default text app.

ss284

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
This is not an odd item at all. What is ridiculous is that the stock android texting application does not have this functionality. I believe the stock messaging application installed on the HTC thunderbolt has this functionality. Crazy that no 3rd party messaging app has this.

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, I've been searching forever and can't find an app that does this, it's shocking to me. I have even tried e-mailing the gosms devs but I never received a response.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Definitely not an odd item to want. Sometimes my brother in law will send out a mass text to the wife and my Sister in law. it would be nice to reply to all at once.

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Tried e-mailing the gosms devs several times now and still no reply. This is driving me insane, I can't find any other app to do it either.