pjh325

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. I ordered my dock for my X from the android central store and whenever I plug in the charger for the phone part it turns my phone off instantly. Should I return the dock or do I need to put my phone in usb charge only mode our what? Thanks for the help everyone!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Yea...as stated above..try a new dock. Im pretty sure there isn't an option in the docks settings to power off the phone. You should get a pop up for bdeskmode or whatever else app runs on it. I have it set to Bedsides app. Also try a different outlet or usb cord for the heck of it....you never know.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
If you have a small magnet, you can also try to see if you can induce dock mode. If you put the magnet on the back of the X near the top of the battery door between the Google and Motorola logos it should trigger multimedia dock mode. If the same thing happens it's an issue with your phone or its software setup and not the dock - personally I'm guessing it's not the dock since all it should do is provide power and have a magnet but you never know if there's some weird grounding issue with the HDMI port or something.

pjh325

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I bought the kobi (i think) dock that also charges the separate battery. I haven't tried the magnet test yet but I will..

pjh325

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Tried the magnet test. It worked first try. So now I just return the dock? Hope the new one works...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non