google calendar

NewTekBuzz#AC

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello! I am trying to set up my new Droid X and cant seem to get my google calendar to show up/ sync with the standard phone calendar. the phone calendar keeps telling me that I have to sync it first to a calendar from my accounts... well my google calendar is not showing up under my google account.

T.I.A.

Tim

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi Tim

I believe you have to go into the google account. Within that you will find, google contacts, google calendar, and gmail.

From the home screen select the menu key.

When you access the menu portion, select settings.

In the settings portion of the menu, you should see an Accounts and Synchronization button. Select the Accounts and Synchronization button to access it.

Choose the Google calendar as the application you want to sync.

You can access Gmail, the contacts, and even Google wave if you use it. If you aren't seeing the application you're interested in, you should be able to add it, though it should automatically be there ready for you and easy to access.

You can set your phone to synchronize automatically by choosing auto-sync. It will make changes to your calendar or other Google application anytime changes are made from your computer or by a third party.

If that doesnt work try this..

1. Have another Google account ready to use as a “dummy account” to be added to the device. Use a friend’s or create one.

2. Add the new account under Settings > Accounts & sync > Add account.

3. The Sync Contacts, Sync Gmail and Sync Calendar options should now appear under both accounts. Let the Droid 2 sit for about 5 minutes.

4. Delete the “dummy account” by tapping it on the Accounts & sync screen and selecting Remove account.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem when I got mine a few weeks ago. The second option Droiddev posted was what worked for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm