Keyboard advice

person5323

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I am debating between the Droid X and the Droid 2 Global. The only reason I am even considering the Droid 2 is bc of the physical keyboard.

My question is how easy is it to switch to a phone with no physical keyboard?
I tried in the store and kept making mistakes.

Thanks!

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Previously switching from slider type phones, I used a mix of physical and onscreen keyboards. Transition still took me a few days to get used to it, but no complaints here. On the other hand, if you have large fingers, this may or may not pose a problem.

Even for a larger phone, the screen size on the X makes life alot easier. For a phone this size, it's actually not as heavy as other smaller models which have the physical keyboard.

person5323

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys! I was having troubles when the phone was vertical but the horizontal keyboard was better and about the same size as the D2G.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Had the droid before the x and never used the physical keyboard.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Same here. Had the original Droid after having a Curve 8330, tried the Tour 9630 but returned it after 2 weeks. Didn't like the keyboard on the Tour, and felt it wasn't a big enough upgrade from my Curve. Loved the Droid, except for the physical keyboard.

Now the X is pretty much perfect for my needs. Don't miss the physical keyboard at all.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Its odd at first if youre not use to a touchscreen but as with anything practice makes perfect. I would say when I first switched to a touchscreen I felt comfortable with it in about a week or two.

You can also set the keys to vibrate when you press them. Gives it more of a push feeling.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
There are many keyboards in the market if you don't like the one that comes with the Droid X. I owned the Droid 2 for about a week and really liked it, but I was just drawn to the X and had to get it. however, having the physical keyboard was a plus because I could type and still see all of the screen. It's a tough choice, but in the end I would choose the X.

Last edited:

gt3dan

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
It's not going to be and easy switch. Anything like that is going to take some practice and getting used to. There are also alot of keyboard replacements in the market i.e. SwiftKey, Better Keyboard, and Thick Buttons. You can even go as far as rooting your device to get Swype or something else. Best advice would be to either DL the free trials on the phone at the store and try them each for awhile or to just get the phone. If you don't end up liking the phone you can always return it for the D2. The persons I have ran across that don't like not having a physical keyboard was someone that didn't want a full touchscreen phone to begin with and got one anyways.

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I love the multi touch keyboard for landscape and swype for portrait cannot stand swype in landscape though

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
i find that swift key doesn't always remember things. such as facebook and droid it always suggests other things.

and it remembered my credit card number

i like the standard multi touch dx keyboard

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance