Droid X Owners: How are you liking or not liking the large size?

was1958

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The size works great for me. It fits fine in my jeans pocket. I keep the phone in my left pocket and keys in the right pocket. I find that the large screen allows me to do many of the tasks formerly done on a PC, such as Google Reader, Kindle, IMDB lookups, etc. In fact, I'm having a blast with my Droid X!

Reactions: Astrodroid

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Love the big screen. I was worried about it before I got it, but I thoroughly enjoy the versatility of it (media dock, car dock, maps/gps, video, web browsing...)

My next phone will not be significantly smaller. I want either the same size or a similar size.

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually soooo jealous of the Samsung phone coming to AT&T with a 4.5" screen and ultra-thin body. For me, 4.5" would be the limit of comfortable pocketability on a smartphone, so I am find with even going up a bit from the X's size. They can always make 'em thinner but I don't want it done at the expense of, say, the microHDMI port or the microSD slot or even at the battery's capacity.

However, considering that for years I carried around a Palm PDA + a flipphone (and later, a Treo + flipphone), one bigger smartphone is not at all a problem. I supose I will sit out the Droid Bionic and wait for its successor....ideally, it'll have a truly next-gen version of Android on it + 1GB RAM + an improved camera.

I would also consider dropping down to a 4" or 4.1" screen phone like the Samsung Epic 4G if it had a solid physical QWERTY keyboard as well. But 3.7" or 3.8" is too small even with a keyboard.

medicff0879

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I like the size of this phone and appreciate the screen for viewing movies and the such. Came from an Iphone 3GS and after getting used to the difference in the Android OS I have really come to like this phone. Just put the Siedo Rugged Innocase on it which added SIGNIFICANTLY to the size of the overall phone, but I still like it. Cant expect that much protection without a cost.

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
After having it I am in love and couldn't go back, I pick up my og droid now and it's hard to use doesn't help that I have giant hands (I'm 6'6)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
before i used the droid x i was into the Dinc but since my cousin got the DX its just been so much harder for me to choose which phone i want lol.

Ace4

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I was concerned about the size initially, but the size of the device has not been an issue whatsoever. I really like the large screen. What I don't like is the shape of the device, I wish the edges were rounded a little more. I like that the back of the device is flat, since I can't stand phones with round backs that basically roll around when you try to use them setting on a table.

My biggest dislike of the phone is the physical buttons, I wish they had used capacitive ones because when using the phone the transition from touch screen presses to button presses is annoying. You have to press fairly hard to activate the buttons.

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It's funny, because the physical buttons are one of the things that attracted me to the phone. I hate capacitive buttons. I like buttons that are actually buttons.

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Coming from og droid and having capacitive buttons I definitely prefer the physical buttons now

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Coming from og droid and having capacitive buttons I definitely prefer the physical buttons now

I defo agree with this cuz when I would test out the Dinc I would click menu a lot. (giant hands)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
screen size.

I was actually kind of worried about the size of the screen only because I usually keep my cell phones on a belt clip or pouch. with this phone alongside my iPod touch...thought my belt might. not have enough room. I don't know if it does still til this day because I just put the phone in my pocket and that seems to work well for me.

all in all...I LOVE the extra screen space. I can't say ill never get a phone with a screen smaller than this for I know not what the future holds...but at this very moment...I don't want anything else at all...

dahlheim

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
it does get in the way once in a while when it is in your jeans pocket. a belt clip holster eliminates that. for me, i like the tradeoffs of a nice big viewing screen and physical buttons.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think the physical buttons are great. Im also happy the phone has a physical camera button nstead of a touch screen one.

green

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Capacitive buttons > Physical buttons

The physical buttons were a decent change coming from the Droid 1 but now I wish the X came with capacitive buttons. The physical buttons (and camera button) feel cheaply made. Physical buttons make this phone seem like it came out in 2007. I'm glad newer devices are going with capacitive buttons.

boxytheboxed

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site

The physical buttons were a decent change coming from the Droid 1 but now I wish the X came with capacitive buttons. The physical buttons (and camera button) feel cheaply made. Physical buttons make this phone seem like it came out in 2007. I'm glad newer devices are going with capacitive buttons.
Fully agree. The one thing im not happy about on my x is the physical buttons. They feel cheap, they move around in their molds, and the click is annoying. Plus they take a bit too much force to press.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Same here...one thing I did not like when deciding to purchase the phone. They remind me of old Nintendo buttons. I thought the phone should of had capacitive buttons. I'm kind of use to them now but they could have made them look nicer though.
Actually the whole phone reminds me of an old Nintendo controller. From the cheap buttons to the cheap looking plastic casing the phone. I put a smooth silicone rubber case on the phone.. it makes the phone look 100x better.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Thank you for summarizing the "Fashion over Function Approach" for us. ;)

Dplymkr88#AC

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I love the size of my phone. I was concerned when I first got it because I have never had a phone that big before (coming from a Storm 1) but I quickly adjusted to it and don't think I'd go back to anything smaller. Just too nice having all that extra space.

I have a case covering my bottons so I don't really notice them but if the bottons are the biggest complaint about your phone then you've done well...lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey