01-10-2011 06:00 AM
43 12
tools
    After having it I am in love and couldn't go back, I pick up my og droid now and it's hard to use doesn't help that I have giant hands (I'm 6'6)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Astrodroid likes this.
    01-06-2011 06:00 PM
    before i used the droid x i was into the Dinc but since my cousin got the DX its just been so much harder for me to choose which phone i want lol.
    01-06-2011 06:09 PM
    I was concerned about the size initially, but the size of the device has not been an issue whatsoever. I really like the large screen. What I don't like is the shape of the device, I wish the edges were rounded a little more. I like that the back of the device is flat, since I can't stand phones with round backs that basically roll around when you try to use them setting on a table.

My biggest dislike of the phone is the physical buttons, I wish they had used capacitive ones because when using the phone the transition from touch screen presses to button presses is annoying. You have to press fairly hard to activate the buttons.
    01-07-2011 09:38 AM
    It's funny, because the physical buttons are one of the things that attracted me to the phone. I hate capacitive buttons. I like buttons that are actually buttons.
    01-07-2011 09:56 AM
    Coming from og droid and having capacitive buttons I definitely prefer the physical buttons now

01-07-2011 10:00 AM
    Coming from og droid and having capacitive buttons I definitely prefer the physical buttons now

I defo agree with this cuz when I would test out the Dinc I would click menu a lot. (giant hands)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    01-08-2011 01:45 AM
    +1 for the physical buttons
    01-08-2011 05:30 AM
    I was actually kind of worried about the size of the screen only because I usually keep my cell phones on a belt clip or pouch. with this phone alongside my iPod touch...thought my belt might. not have enough room. I don't know if it does still til this day because I just put the phone in my pocket and that seems to work well for me.

all in all...I LOVE the extra screen space. I can't say ill never get a phone with a screen smaller than this for I know not what the future holds...but at this very moment...I don't want anything else at all...

01-08-2011 05:36 AM
    it does get in the way once in a while when it is in your jeans pocket. a belt clip holster eliminates that. for me, i like the tradeoffs of a nice big viewing screen and physical buttons.
    01-08-2011 10:29 AM
    I think the physical buttons are great. Im also happy the phone has a physical camera button nstead of a touch screen one.
    01-08-2011 10:46 AM
    Capacitive buttons > Physical buttons

The physical buttons were a decent change coming from the Droid 1 but now I wish the X came with capacitive buttons. The physical buttons (and camera button) feel cheaply made. Physical buttons make this phone seem like it came out in 2007. I'm glad newer devices are going with capacitive buttons.
    01-09-2011 10:50 AM

The physical buttons were a decent change coming from the Droid 1 but now I wish the X came with capacitive buttons. The physical buttons (and camera button) feel cheaply made. Physical buttons make this phone seem like it came out in 2007. I'm glad newer devices are going with capacitive buttons.
    Fully agree. The one thing im not happy about on my x is the physical buttons. They feel cheap, they move around in their molds, and the click is annoying. Plus they take a bit too much force to press.
    01-09-2011 11:25 AM
    Same here...one thing I did not like when deciding to purchase the phone. They remind me of old Nintendo buttons. I thought the phone should of had capacitive buttons. I'm kind of use to them now but they could have made them look nicer though.
    Actually the whole phone reminds me of an old Nintendo controller. From the cheap buttons to the cheap looking plastic casing the phone. I put a smooth silicone rubber case on the phone.. it makes the phone look 100x better.
    01-09-2011 11:51 AM

Thank you for summarizing the "Fashion over Function Approach" for us.
    01-09-2011 11:52 AM
    I love the size of my phone. I was concerned when I first got it because I have never had a phone that big before (coming from a Storm 1) but I quickly adjusted to it and don't think I'd go back to anything smaller. Just too nice having all that extra space.

I have a case covering my bottons so I don't really notice them but if the bottons are the biggest complaint about your phone then you've done well...lol
    01-09-2011 12:02 PM
    Hey Droid X owners, now that you've had the phone a while, how are you liking or not liking its large size? As the Bionic and other 4.3" screen phones come out, I'm wanting their features but not their size. It seems too big, particularly once you throw in the bezel. But I'm interested in the perspective of people who use something this size daily. Maybe it's not that big a deal. No need to try to sell me, just share your experiences.

1. If you thought it was too big at first:
    A.) does it still kind of bug you?
    B.) have you gotten used to it and don't think about it?
    C.) do you now actually appreciate the extra screen space?

2. If you weren't worried about the size at first or didn't realize how big it was going to be, has it started to grate on you?

3. Your next phone will be:
    A.) Definitely smaller
    B.) Definitely this size or larger
    C.) Whatever, not really a factor
    Always loved the larger screen, love it more now that I am getting the hang of the onscreen keyboard. Can't 'see' going back to a smaller screen.
    01-09-2011 12:57 PM
    Love the big screen wish it was 5 in. Never go back to a small screen.
    01-09-2011 09:08 PM
    It's a little big in the pocket, but I don't think I could go smaller for the next one. I might be able to get away with a 4.0, but definitely no smaller than that.
    01-10-2011 06:00 AM
43 12