Screen Blanks when I hit send, but ONLY in portrait mode

dmsachs

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Interesting problem. I have a friend with a brand new Droid 2 Global. He received an OTA update yesterday or the day before. Now, when he tries to call anyone, the screen blanks when he hits the send key, but only in portrait mode. In lanscape mode, everything works just fine. We tried putting the phone in Safe mode, but it made no difference. He is running screebl, and has the "in-pocket" protection set to on. I had him turn both off, and then combinations of one on, one off, and no change- the problem is consistent. But ONLY in portrait mode. Can I assume he needs either a reset to factory settings or a new phone? Sorry if I left any info out, feel free to ask what you need to know. Thanks in advance for all your help, you guys are amazing. From a very happy Droid 1 owner.

David

I really apologize! I could have sworn I was posting this in the Droid 2 area. I don't know how to move it......

Last edited:

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You need to force the system to restore the phone programming.(i.e. full complete reset) not a data profile reset. Do you know how to do that. The phone will then automatically re-program itself thus... revert the phone to its original state.

dmsachs

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
No, I don't but I'm sure I can find the instructions here. If I do such a reset, and the problem goes away, do I assume that it was the OTA update, and if so, how do I avoid it, or do I assume nothing, let the update come in, and see if the problem returns? (I know what I would do if it were my phone, but my friend just wants a working phone....) Thanks for such a quick reply!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
There could be multiple things causing that issue. There called the unknown. However, the reset should uninstall any modifications to the device.
Good luck.
(You're welcome).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma