Hey all, as you could see from my username I am pretty much an androidnube. In reality, my name is Michael and I'm from Queens, NY. I've got a really hectic life and I'm almost always busy with school and work but there are things that I'm looking for.

I love my Droid X and I have customized it thoroughly with lots of great apps, but I want to push it further. I am willing to pay $80.00 to anybody who would be kind enough to not only root my Droid X but also install an HTC clock widget and change the gray notification bar to resemble the Android 2.3 Gingerbread notification bar.

So, if you're from Manhattan/Queens/Brooklyn/Bronx/S.I. or Long Island in New York please get in touch with me via email. This would be such a great thing for me as it is something I have wanted for a while but never had the time (nor patience) to actually do.

Thank you in advance,
    Michael R. :-))
    01-10-2011 07:03 PM
    There's a one-click rooting app. It really doesn't take much time or effort.

Beautiful Widgets = easy Sense-style clock widget.

The notification bar is a little more effort.
    01-10-2011 07:05 PM
    This might help you if you don't find anyone. I'm in SI and would help you but.... I don't even know you. If you install ApeX's Rom it is based off of Gingerbread and will give you the look you're going for.

DroidX Guide to Rooting, Backing Up and Installing Custom Roms
    01-10-2011 07:21 PM
    As far as the clock goes, I think the market has a free widget of 'Sense UI' which is essentially the HTC clock.
    01-10-2011 07:46 PM
    beautiful widget, z4root, Droid X boostrappar, Apex rom... that will be $80 please.

It will take you less than an hour to find and install each.
    01-10-2011 08:23 PM
    Here now less than an hour.

1)
    Z4
    [APP] z4root - xda-developers

2)
    beautiful widget is on the market and so is bootstrapper

(nandroid backup before you install roms)
    How to: Create a Full Nandroid Backup on a DROID X - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

3)
    Apex
    Downloads | FabDroid

Apex install wiki
    Installation - FabDroid Wiki

None of these are done by me and like always be careful while working on your droid
    01-10-2011 08:28 PM
    cyber's excellent write-up in post 3 should give you all the info you need to get the ball rolling on rooting.
    01-10-2011 08:49 PM