Talk while using Google maps navigation

Michigan66

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to use Google maps navigation and talk using a Bluetooth headset? Currently when i have the navigation running and i receive a call, it cuts out the navigation to the call information screen. I am sure there is a setting or option that can be changed to be able to use both. I have searched the forums here and on several other websites without finding an answer. Thanks for the help.

Michigan66

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Thank You. I knew it was something really simple and easy. Obviously not simple or easy enough to figure out myself though. Thanks again!!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So does navigation download the full data for a trip so a data connection isn't needed?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

No it still needs to retrieve data for the maps but the software downloads enough of the map that the map usually can continue to function for some distance before you lose the images, the location will always be present because the GPS chip in still functioning.... Best to make calls brief to avoid this issue..

How do you turn the navigation voice off during a call?

Beamed up from DROIDX using Tapatalk

Usually once you start a call the audio is muted on all other functions, the only time it usually will continue while on call is when you are on speaker phone.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
When your in the Navigation screen, menu then mute. I made a few phone calls today without any issues. Only quick calls though. About a minute each.

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I have to manually mute the nav app. Very annoying should be an option to automute. Im using bose wired headphones with hands free.

As far as data connection is concerned, since the latest uptate to maps your full route and possible detours are downloaded when you begin navigation. Dont worry about long calls. I went 50 minutes through a city on a call and had no problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

karmiccalamity

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
It happens to me when im talking on the phone on the regular speaker but the nav voice goes over the speaker phone lol..i guess ill start muting and then unmuting when done with the call

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo