Google Maps

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with google maps? My phone will lock up and then reboot. Is there a fix or work around? Maybe its lattitude?

smittybass

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Ya, I actually have had the same problem. Doesnt happen every time but every couple of times I go to use it. I was about to start the same thread. Sometimes I get lucky and just lock my screen wait a minute and unlock and its ok but last few times it just freezes and then reboots. I will try turning off latitude next time I use it and see if I have the same problem.

vfnewman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had lots of problems with maps crashing my phone. It's been a lot worse since the most recent update. Ever since day 1 I've found Google navigation to be a great way to do random hands-free reboots.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've never had a single problem from Google Maps or Navigation, nor do the vast majority of users, or we'd here about it all the time. My first action would be to un-install and re-install Maps. If that doesn't fix it, I seem to keep saying this today, but I'd do a factory reset if this has been a persistent problem on your phone. If you've only seen it once or twice, clear the cache and pull the battery.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
GOOGLE MAPS 5.0

Supposedly renders maps in 3d, anyone seen this yet on their X?

I cant seem to get it to work.

It works, but you need to be zoomed in (map view...not satellite) to around a 1 or 2 block area of a place that has multistory buildings. I se it fine looking at Atlanta, but I'd guess that somewhere Manhattan, NY shows it even better. You do have to have the latest GM and place 2 fingers at one time on the screen and drag downward. There's a video of it floating around somewhere.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
3D?? Haven't seen that. Are you referring to the Streets View? That is very cool! (but only shows certain areas, like large cities).

papadonna

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to see this work except on the video on their website. I would imagine you would be able to see it no matter what city your in BUT the pics on the site only show major cities for the most part. (kanye shrug)

Street view is different from what im talking about; although it is pretty cool as well!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Like I said above, the 3d only shows up if your zoomed in tightly to a big city downtown area. Think about it...what good would it do to show 3d of a relatively flat (single story building) area? Just use your finger to drag the map over to a big city downtown, zoom in to a single block then use two fingers to drag down and show 3d. It works...at least on my X, my son's X and my wife's X.

Reactions: papadonna

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20