Native facebook not able to connect...

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, I am on day two with my Droid X and I am really loving it.

But I do have a problem. The native Facebook account setup is not working.

I go to "My Accounts", try to set up a new account, I choose the Facebook icon, enter in my info, and get this message.

"An error has occurred. Please try again."

My login information is all correct. I can connect to FB via the downloadable app. But I want to sync my contacts with their FB profiles. The app doesn't allow contact sync with my address book.

VZW tech support was useless. They told me "we don't offer support for 3rd party apps." I explained that the 3rd party app was working, but the built in function that the phone came with was malfuctioning. They just told me to call Facebook.

Can anyone else offer any ideas?

I have tried rebooting, battery pulls, wi-fi only, 3g only, verifying my data plan with vzw, checking to make sure my phone is provisioned properly, *228 to reprogram phone, installing FB app and then trying to add the account,......... nothing works.

I'm getting really aggravated. I have seen this issue on other forums but nobody seemed to have an answer. I hope someone else has an answer.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Login to facebooks website in your phones browser>then login to facebooks app. It will fix the problem. Once the apps login is working again you can logout from the browser.

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
No dice. I get the same message. I log into facebook via the browser, then go to accounts>add new account>facebook> I enter my login info ......... and get "An error has occured. Please try again."

I am also having problems right now trying to change my login email for facebook. When I log in from my desktop PC and go through the process of changing the address, sending the confirmation email, and clicking the link......... facebook brings up a page that says "Sorry, something went wrong. We are working on getting this fixed as soon as we can." I wonder if there is just a problem with facebook that is only affecting the nativ app....?

The third party downloadable app works fine, but it doesn't allow for contact sync which is what I am trying to do.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Remove the FB app. Moto doesnt play well with others. Try remove the FB app and rebooting. Then log in via the motorola app. It is my experience that you will have to choose one or the other. But I believe if you log in with the Moto one first then with the FB app it should work out.

edit: My FB app allows for contact sync. I am using the one by Facebook.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I only use my FB sync for a contact picture source. Just for giggles, I uninstalled the 3rd party FB ap and removed the native FB account.

Reinstated the native FB app and never saw an option for contact sync.

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the only real reason I wan't the native sync to work is exactly for contact photos.

I have tried it with the 3rd party app installed, uninstalled, rebooted, wiped, etc....

I'm at a loss. It looks like others have been having a problem since right around new years.

1/3 no facebook updates since yesterday - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I just wish I could get this figured out. If my old busted BB storm 2 could do it there is no reason my DX can't, lol.

Well, if the factory reset/wipe doesn't work, I'm going to see if loading a different ROM might clear it up.

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
There is an app called Sync My Pics.

Grab that and viola! It works like a champ for contact photos and facebook. Its also FREE!

Oooohhhh!!!?

I'm gonna have to check that out.

Oh, and the wipe seems to have corrected the problem. Now to get my phone set back up, ugh...

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone get an incorrect username/password error with the native FB service daily?

I had a problem logging into the app last week. Kept telling me wrong username/password. What fixed it was going to FB on the browser and logging in then going to the app and logging in. For some reason this worked. Took me three days before I figured it out. Now it works again with no problem.