Droid X Unsuccessful installs from the Market

pjoet

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Any tips resolving unsuccessful installs and updates to certain games from the market? Angry birds, rocket bunnies, Replica Island to name a few.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Two things.

Firstly, make sure you have enough space on your internal storage. If there isnt enough space your installs will fail.

1. Go to the Home screen.

2. Select the Menu key.

3. Select Settings.

4. Select SD card & phone storage.

5. Check under internal storage.

Secondly, if you do have enough space you can try going to "Manage Applications" find Market. Then clear data and clear cache. Go back to the Market app and try again.

cornfed

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I had several apps that wouldn't install and I switched them from SD to phone memory and they installed, but Rocket Bunnies, crazy snowboard, and a couple others, still will not install even after I switched it to phone memory. I get an error "-18". Help.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I had several apps that wouldn't install and I switched them from SD to phone memory and they installed, but Rocket Bunnies, crazy snowboard, and a couple others, still will not install even after I switched it to phone memory. I get an error "-18". Help.

Try my suggestions above. ^^^^

cornfed

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Fyi in case anyone else runs across this issue. I moved both apps from sd to phone memory then uninstalled them. Then I tried to dl from the market and the install failed again. So I had to remove my sd card then downloaded them successfully from the market. Put my sd card back in and all is good. Not sure what caused this but I'm guessing my sd card had some corrupt files or something.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I have tried un-mounting and re-mounting the SD card. I've cleared data and cleared cache.

I'm still having troubles with the following updating:

Google Voice
Angry Birds Seasons
Angry Birds
Stupid Zombies

I'm running Liberty V 1.5, and I'm on my home Wi-fi. Other apps are updating just fine.

I'm going to try a few things and I'll post back. I've brought this thread back up, because it was the thread with the most replies on the topic.

skafri#WN

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
It's an issue with Liberty. Go to Liberty Toolbox and remove the apps that are not updating, then they will download fine from the market.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
It's an issue with Liberty. Go to Liberty Toolbox and remove the apps that are not updating, then they will download fine from the market.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I want to try a few more things before that route. Do you have a link to a thread or post with more info on this?

Last edited:

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Google Voice installed, but other apps still not installing after deleting via Liberty Toolbox. I also tried restoring the now deleted games via Titanium, and that failed.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Found the fix. Deleted apps via Liberty Tool box. Reset Liberty Toolbox to only install apps to the phone. By default Liberty is set to "auto" where the system decides.

Once I did this, I unmounted SD and got Stupid Zombies to install. I'm trying the Birds games now.

Edit:

Birds games installed fine. I restored the data from my Titanium Backup. This caused Angry Birds to not open.

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The solution for error 18 usually can be fixed by deleting the information in the .android_secure folder that is in the sd card and then reboot, this is usually unneeded data left from old apps that seem to cause the issue reported.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
The solution for error 18 usually can be fixed by deleting the information in the .android_secure folder that is in the sd card and then reboot, this is usually unneeded data left from old apps that seem to cause the issue reported.

I believe I'm going to have to completely delete that folder. There's nothing in it that I can see with Astro.

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting "DOWNLOAD UNSUCCESSFUL, PLEASE TRY AGAIN" when trying to download from the market after the GB update.. anyone know how to fix? I have done factory reset.. Clear data, clear cache.. Nothing works. Anyone else having this issue with GB?

Side note.. Its just the Android Market... I can download from Amazon app store just fine..