How to make your X look good...

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok first off I know some of you like clutter. Cram as much onto your screens as possible.

But some of us are minimalists, present company included.

I found a good combo that makes the Droid X look really good. Thanks to Kellex over at Droid Life for the recommendation on Circle Launcher and some nice docks to go with LauncherPro+

CAP2011012512451.jpg

The above image is my home screen. You might be asking yourself what that "App Launcher" is? Glad you asked...

CAP2011012512452.jpg

That is actually Circle Launcher. You can use the circle icons it comes with or you can use your own custom icon. I used an App Launcher icon I found from an icon pack a while back. You can customize it quite a bit more actually. Check it out.

My other screens are the Launcher Pro widgets.

Link to the dock images - Dock Images posted on Droid Life

Link to the blank 2x3 icon - Blank 2x3 icon for Dock

Remember for the icon just right click the link and save as. Good luck click the blank 2x3 square if you actually go to the page lol....its transparent.

Edit: Per request from some users here is the same screen with Simi Folders instead of CircleLauncher

CAP2011012611021.jpg

Last edited:

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Im sure the wallpaper has something to do with that ;) Yeah I just got sick of my screen that I have had forever.

For the dock I had to use blank 2x3 images for the icons. If you dont want to do that you can use the swipe gestures. Ill post links to the dock icons in a minute.

mes215

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
How do you like Circle Launcher vs Simi Folder Widget? In order to have custom icons for your circle launcher you need to buy the pro version. In Simi Folder, you can do that too, without a price tag. That said, how does the speed & stability compare?

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
The speed is better then Simi. I have Simi on there to just not using it right now. However if you turn on all the bells and whistles of Circle Launcher like Blur the background, fix align and stuff it can get laggy. But if you dont use blur background its fast. I just used the darken feature under advanced settings.

Dont get me wrong, Simi is great! But I really like the way Circle Launcher brings up my icons in a Circle and depending on where you put the icon (like on the edge) it will adjust how it displays the sub icons. You can also do vertical and horizontal display types.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Liberty 1.0 ROM running Liberty Theme, the only thing that isnt done with launcher pro is the status bar :) Everything else you dont need a theme hehe.

If your interested Liberty 1.0 ROM also has a Gingerbread theme with green coloring instead of yellow.

j_benj#AC

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Nice setup! I'm a big proponent of the minimalist homescreen layouts. The clutter makes me crazy LOL I'm constantly finding ways to pair down even further...

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
You and me both!

I use CircleLauncher for all my "need now" apps. The App Drawer is there for a reason, I just use that for all my other things.

Austineasleyinfo

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
For the dock I had to use blank 2x3 images for the icons. If you dont want to do that you can use the swipe gestures. Ill post links to the dock icons in a minute.

Still planning on posting those? I have looked around and haven't been able to find any.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Is the link he just posted working for anyone else? It just times out on me.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Works for me on both my computers. If you just click the link the page will look blank because it is a blank image.

Right click the link and save as.

If it continues to not work for you I will add a mirror of it when I get home tonight :)

vi001101106

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
5373660843_39c084e6db_z.jpg

Apex 1.3.1, ADWLauncher EX (with secondary dock hidden), Tron theme and a Recognizer/Space Invaders wallpaper modified to fit the phone's resolution.

Hardly ever do I need to switch screens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37