Facebook Contact Photo Problems?-read here

Smahie

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Thought I might make a thread so most people understand this whole facebook contact issue, and I hope I can help some frustrated people who are trying to sync facebooks contacts with updated photos. If you are running stock (meaning you didn't root your phone and add a different rom):

1. Stop trying. Why? Ever since Froyo was released in Sept, the motor blur contacts stopped playing nice with Facebook. It will NO LONGER automatically sync facebook photos at all. Everything else will sync...change of numbers, updates, etc..except photos. So any picture of contacts you had on before froyo will still be there unless you remove the ACCOUNT in My Accounts and re-add it. Doing this will update the photos for just that moment..it will not continue to update. So if they change their profile picture five minutes after you re-added your fb account, the previous one from 6 minutes ago will still be there.

2. People who offer you support by telling you to go to your Facebook app>setting> sync contacts....don't realize YOU DON'T HAVE THAT OPTION. It's not there at all if you are running stock rom. If you have rooted and flashed to a nonblur rom, viola! It's now a option. I'm sure you appreciate the help they are trying to offer, but I know how frustrating it is when you are trying to look for the sync contacts option on your phone and you don't have it and they do.

3.Bottom line. ..Until motorola updates Blur (they did in dec but it still didn't fix this issue even though they were well aware of it), the only way you will have automatically updated sync is for you to root your phone and install a Blurless rom. I use Liberty and could kick myself for not doing this months ago! Would have saved me so much frustration and time trying to sync.

I hope this helps ..and I hope it gets sticky-ed!(?)

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi Doodle!

I just want to comment on your second point. I have that option. Yes I am rooted, my wifes DroidX isnt and she has it as an option as well....

CAP2011012514041.jpg

Since the DroidX was released its facebook has NEVER played nice with the Official Facebook App. However if you remove your Facebook "account" from Blur and just use the Facebook App it will work fine, ours do.

If you want to use Blurs Facebook dont bother with the Official Facebook App. That part I can agree with. Why would you want to use the Blur Facebook I have no idea, to each their own I suppose.

+1 on Liberty

Smahie

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi Doodle!

I just want to comment on your second point. I have that option. Yes I am rooted, my wifes DroidX isnt and she has it as an option as well....

CAP2011012514041.jpg

Since the DroidX was released its facebook has NEVER played nice with the Official Facebook App. However if you remove your Facebook "account" from Blur and just use the Facebook App it will work fine, ours do.

If you want to use Blurs Facebook dont bother with the Official Facebook App. That part I can agree with. Why would you want to use the Blur Facebook I have no idea, to each their own I suppose.

+1 on Liberty

hi DroidDev!

If you remove Facebook account from Blur, and just use the Facebook app, it will still not be an option. It was prior to Froyo, but after it was gone. I have tried every single option imaginable to no avail. I'm telling you, I spent nearly 4 months trying to get it to work..countless posts from everywhere including motorola and it never worked. This is the only way I know around it and am certain it works.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Oh I know that work around works :) I do feel your pain though about Facebook photo sync. It has always been an issue with android no matter what build you have. Just seems the X has it worst lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze