Live Wallpapers with ADW

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the Nexus live wallpaper from the market for my Droid X. Im running ADW Launcher. When I go into change the wallpaper the Nexus live wallpaper doesn't show up and niether do any other live wallpapers. Is there a setting I can't find to enable live wallpapers or does ADW not support them. Thanks for any ideas.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Live wallpapers look cool & everything, but they hog resources. Have you ever went into Settings > Applications > Running services with a live wallpaper going? Yikes!

I never use them & never crash or lag.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Ive had the same issues before. Just try adding the wallpaper again. It might take a few times . Works with mine. the wallpapers that I use only use about 4% of my battery and that's not to bad

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
The weird thing is when I open wallpapers it only shows gallery, wallpapers and ADW wallpapers with no choice for live wallpapers.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The weird thing is when I open wallpapers it only shows gallery, wallpapers and ADW wallpapers with no choice for live wallpapers.

Are you by chance running a custom rom? I run live wallpapers all the time without and lockup or FC also i use Video Wallpaper that allows me to use any video as a wallpaper and I created a few videos from a few dream files I had from Vista that hasn't gave me any issue but I do admit they can be a resource hog at times.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
No its the stock rom with ADW launcher.

That is strange because menu shows Live Wallpapers on mine with ADW.. ,The only thing I can think of you have a app installed that is blocking this feature some how, try uninstalling apps, reboot and check again to try to isolate issue
, if that doesn't work I suggest trying a hard reset..

attachment.php

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
At this point i've gone ahead and ditched the life wallpaper idea since its turned into such a hassle. Thanks everyone for advice and tips.

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
The problem was never getting a photo from the gallery to be a wallpaper. Its getting live wallpapers enabled. The option doesn't show up and when I try to open a live wallpaper from the market app it says sorry it doesn't appear your device supports live wallpapers.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The problem was never getting a photo from the gallery to be a wallpaper. Its getting live wallpapers enabled. The option doesn't show up and when I try to open a live wallpaper from the market app it says sorry it doesn't appear your device supports live wallpapers.

When the term Live Wallpaper is used they mean a animated wallpaper instead of the standard static wallpaper that has no motion or interactions and I have used a number of downloaded Live Wallpapers without issues and I even mad a few and they a;; worked and I do not understand why your device would report that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci