02-05-2011 05:00 AM
33 12
tools
    Gingerbread is going bring much anticipated disappointment.

Not because Gingerbread isn't awesome but because it is a minor upgrade and isn't supposed to be earth shattering.

2.2 > 2.3 will be as awesome as 2.1 > 2.2 was....

2.1 to 2.2 brought new features. I haven't seen what the new features if Gingerbread are yet.
    the only real major change there was flash if I'm not mistaken...and I may be mistaken lol. But other than that it want a huge jump. So I'm not expecting to see ginger bread "change the game. "just a update that may have some minor upgrades that we won't even notice. But....i may be wrong as well so who knows

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    02-01-2011 02:49 AM
    You can swipe down to close the current keyboard as well.
    Yeah .. I noticed the stock DX keyboard did that ... The stock Froyo keyboard on my OG Droid didn't ... Maybe it did and I just sucked at it! That was one one of the VERY FEW things (OK maybe the only thing) I missed about moving from the Blackberry S1 & S2.

Glad to see the stock GB keyboard has the feature...
    02-01-2011 09:26 AM
    does the ballistic case for the droid x come with a belt holder
    What's wrong with you?
    El Jefe likes this.
    02-01-2011 01:49 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcbarr2

What's wrong with you?
    LOL.. That's like asking "How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop"!! Way outta left field with that question jcbarr2. lol.. Way off topic..

No the Ballistic case does not come with a holster. its made to "slip in and out of your pocket with ease" according to the site..
    02-01-2011 04:12 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcbarr2

LOL.. That's like asking "How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop"!! Way outta left field with that question jcbarr2. lol.. Way off topic..

No the Ballistic case does not come with a holster. its made to "slip in and out of your pocket with ease" according to the site..
    Don't encourage him! He could have found that out on his own!
    02-01-2011 05:06 PM
    It looks like some of the features of Gingerbread won't be coming to the Droid X. From the screen shots it looks like we won't be getting the new keyboard. I doubt that Verizon would allow SIP calling. The UI improvements are going to be masked by Motorola blur. So really it doesn't seem like we are going to get a lot of the new features that we were hoping for. It will seem like a minor update. Of course I will welcome any update with open arms no matter how insignificant.
    02-01-2011 07:16 PM
    Froyo brought JIT compiler
    Gingerbread brings hardware graphic coprocessing.
    Honeycomb brings multiprocessor support
    The UI changes are nice, but the speed changes are what will really help the platform.
    02-04-2011 08:36 AM
    Froyo brought JIT compiler
    Gingerbread brings hardware graphic coprocessing.
    Honeycomb brings multiprocessor support
    The UI changes are nice, but the speed changes are what will really help the platform.
    Explain the hardware graphics co processing.
    02-05-2011 05:00 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD