What is Gingerbread going to bring us?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
What new things is Gingerbread supposed to give us? I'm looking forward to the update, but I'm also wondering what things I should be most looking forward to? The phone is so awesome as is, I'm having a hard time getting my mind around it being better.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been wondering the same thing. From everything I have seen, it looks like a pretty minor update, but I may be wrong.

It seems silly, but one thing I am looking forward to though, is the black notification bar without having to install a custom ROM to get it.

spunkmeijer

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The biggest changes that interest me are the new keyboard and the fact that blur is going to be further scaled back off the system.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The biggest changes that interest me are the new keyboard and the fact that blur is going to be further scaled back off the system.

I've already got the new gingerbread keyboard on my X. I don't remember where I got is so I can't link it but I'm pretty sure it was from the XDA developers forum. It's okay...I still prefer Smart Keyboard Pro.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
New keyboard is going to be a plus and I heard Blur was going to be updated so I would like to see but I will still use LauncherPro. But hopefully changes made to the native SMS app which allows enter key to send SMS messages and new dialpad menu where contacts call info are threaded, not separated.

I have Handcent SMS but I have issues here and there that I don't have on the native SMS apps. I like both in their own ways.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
It looks like the keyboard is going to look the same from the pictures that were posted on this site. Im not seeing a whole of changes either. It looks like it will be a minor update at this point.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Look at it like this. Fifty dollars plus twenty-five dollars equal to seventy-five dollars. You get what I'm getting at? If not, then it mean that it won't be too much of a difference, but a little more than what we have now.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I love the GB keyboard. I like the color and the fact you can swipe down on it to close .... I downloaded it from the market for free. Looking forward to getting a black notification bar ..

Blur? Whats that .. Running LauncherPro Plus and don't even notice it was even there ... :)

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread is going bring much anticipated disappointment.

Not because Gingerbread isn't awesome but because it is a minor upgrade and isn't supposed to be earth shattering.

2.2 > 2.3 will be as awesome as 2.1 > 2.2 was....

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Not because Gingerbread isn't awesome but because it is a minor upgrade and isn't supposed to be earth shattering.

Yeah, from what I'm reading here, nobody has listed anything that sounds like a technological revolution. Oh well...I do love what I've got.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

2.1 to 2.2 brought new features. I haven't seen what the new features if Gingerbread are yet.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
All I'm really looking for in Gingerbread if and when it comes is a general smoothness in everything that you do the phone. I love my phone and in general its smooth, but it occasionally has hiccups.

Although I use LauncherPro over Motoblur, I would like to see that scaled back and smoothed over as well.

cain_templar

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
The new GC is huge plus

I'm really looking forward to way better UI performance.

The new garbage collector makes the UI much smoother.
Tons of performance bug fixes due to strict mode.
Faster file system.
Updated Linux kernel.
New event mechanism.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz