Running a mobile business from the Droid X

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
My Brother in law just got a Droid X. I have one to and have been able to show him many great things but this is something I need help on. He runs a mobile business that involves going to the customer and doing his work. After finishing he generally gets paid via check or credit card. Right now with credit cards he has to write the number down and then go home and run the number in his terminal. There are several apps in the market that will run credit cards but im not sure whats the best. So if anyone uses any of these apps please chime in on what works and what doesn't.
His second payment method involves receiving checks from customers. That involves a trip to the bank as well as waiting days for it to go through. Are there any apps that will take pictures of the check and enable instant deposit? I wasn't able to find any in the market.
Lastly does anyone have any suggestions for mileage tracking. A simple speadsheet will work but he's open to suggestions. This would be for tax purposes so back up is very important.
Thanks for any advice.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Paypal has a virtual terminal which I use to process credit card payments on my home pc. I would think he could do the same on his x if he bookmarks the site.