Anti Virus app

kemo46

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Is Anti Virus software necessary or recommended for the Andriod phones
(droid x)? What do you use and what seems to work the best? Does it slow the phones down?

Thank you.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Just install Lookout Mobile Security if you are concerned. You can set up weekly scans and scan all downloads. It doesn't slow the phone down at all.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Lookout runs great, scans all incoming files (including installed apps), and has no noticeable effect on the phones operation (I bet Norton wishes they could say that).

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Lookout. It also has the option of helping you locate your phone by GPS for free if it were lost/stolen. That alone is worth installing it.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Not needed. There are very few viruses that will even effect a Linux platform. Just stay away from bad/stolen apps and xxx sites and you will be fine.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I still have a Task killer, not auto but still have it and use it once in a while. I might have an issue with an app and no way to force close it so I'll go into a task killer and kill it then start the app again, easier then rebooting the phone.

I rarely use it but still use it here and there. For example, Mvideoplayer had issues and I could not close it but could go to the home screen. Ended up using task killer to kill it and restarted the app and no issue. But I NEVER kill all apps.

Anti-Virus is not needed. As long as your downloading from trusted source and the market, you should be fine.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That is true. They tried that with me and I just said sure, didn't really want to argue with them. But as soon as they gave it to me, it was gone. Task killers are only good if you know how to use it. Well only good until apps don't have issues.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I still have a Task killer, not auto but still have it and use it once in a while. I might have an issue with an app and no way to force close it so I'll go into a task killer and kill it then start the app again, easier then rebooting the phone.

I rarely use it but still use it here and there. For example, Mvideoplayer had issues and I could not close it but could go to the home screen. Ended up using task killer to kill it and restarted the app and no issue. But I NEVER kill all apps.

Anti-Virus is not needed. As long as your downloading from trusted source and the market, you should be fine.

Usually pressing the home button will bring up the "Application X has stopped responding" dialogue which will allow you to force close said application.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz