I recently rooted my droid x and found it not for me with the idea of my phone needing to boot up everytime through the recovery i was wondering how i could get my stock blur back and unroot my phone?
    02-02-2011 09:39 PM
    I recently rooted my droid x and found it not for me with the idea of my phone needing to boot up everytime through the recovery i was wondering how i could get my stock blur back and unroot my phone?
    Sounds like you may have a issue because you do not have to reboot everytime through recover, you should be able to reboot normally without issues, also you are saying you want to go back to stock blur so it sounds like you must have installed a rom also.... Normally all you have to do is restore with the recovery file before you started modifying your device and then unroot with app you rooted with.
    02-02-2011 10:02 PM
    is there a place that I can get the recovery file needed?
    02-02-2011 11:11 PM
    Did you make a backup of your stock rom prior to flashing something else?
    02-02-2011 11:15 PM
    if you didn't back up with nandroid before installing a ROM, then you're going to have some issues. If you did (as every ROM thread would advise in the instructions), then just restore your phone back to before you flashed a ROM, then unroot using z4 or whatever you used to root. you can restore through bootstrap. Go to backup/restore, then select restore, then pick the correct backup.

I will add, like the other poster, that I've been rooted for a long time, and have never had an issue rebooting without going through recovery. So if that's the only reason, the you should try and figure out what the issue is (I have no idea, it totally depends on your ROM).
    02-02-2011 11:25 PM
    Get a terminal app. I have Android Terminal Emulator which is free on the market

Open your your terminal app

Type "su" and it should give your superuser access.
    Once you see a # symbol
    type "mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system"
    then "rm /system/app/Superuser.apk"
    then "rm /system/bin/su"
    then "rm /system/bin/busybox"
    then "mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system"

Hit enter after each line. Once you are done with your last line and let it do it's thing, reboot. SU should be gone.

Then .sbf the phone to factory condition. Sometimes SU stays after .sbf-ing the phone.
    02-02-2011 11:26 PM
    i know i messed up by not backing it up but i am just trying to right my mistake...
    02-02-2011 11:46 PM
    Can he just use this?

maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip
    02-03-2011 10:31 AM
    please someone i just need to know how to get back to a basic stock for my droid x its running liberty 1.0 on android 2.2.1, there has to be a way for me to get my phone back to stock so than i can unroot it.
    02-03-2011 06:08 PM
    Can he just use this?

This will work, heres link and follow instructions on site....

Remember backup as soon as you root to avoid any issues...
    02-03-2011 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD