Inc to X

StorminDT

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Just switched from an Inc to the X.

Had my Inc since Aug. Really liked most features of the phone. Started having trouble with it (lots of reboots) in Dec and got a refurb/replacement.

1st refurb would panic when it warmed up.
2nd refurb camera wouldn't focus.
3rd refurb would panic after about 5 minutes of heavy use.
(the panic cycle on these would continue until the phone cooled down. You either had to pull the battery for 15 minutes, or pull the battery cover and hold it up to an AC vent for a couple of minutes.)

Phone is on a national/corporate account. So verizon gave me a brand new X.

So far it is working well. MotoBlur is not as bad as it is made out to be.

Some features I like better than the Sense Ui. Some things are just different (not necessarily in a bad way).

Really enjoying the larger screen. Not as awkward in the pocket as I thought it would be.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Blur is not as fast and Sense, but LauncherPro does a good job of replacing Blur. Also ADW is another launcher. Both are good and it's personal preference on which is better. Some will say LPP and some will say ADW. I have never used ADW so I cannot comment on that but in LPP, you have the pinch window preview like sense and smoother like sense.

StorminDT

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
kept the same battery.

But, I switched batteries with a cs rep in a verizon store. Made one of the refurb phones panic with his battery.

UltraDroid

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Blur is not as fast and Sense, but LauncherPro does a good job of replacing Blur. Also ADW is another launcher. Both are good and it's personal preference on which is better. Some will say LPP and some will say ADW. I have never used ADW so I cannot comment on that but in LPP, you have the pinch window preview like sense and smoother like sense.

You may also want to take a look at LiveHome. It's a free replacement launcher and has some really cool effects/transitions built into it. There are also themes and icons available - not as many as ADW or LauncherPro...but then it's much more recent in terms of existence, and it'll take awhile to catch up.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I have never used ADW so I cannot comment on that but in LPP, you have the pinch window preview like sense and smoother like sense.

That feature is available in ADWLauncher EX, too. It's also a little smoother in ADW EX (I own both LPP and ADW EX).

Another way to speed up the phone is to install Spare Parts.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love LPP. Have taken it off a couple times, just to see what the native home screens are like (especially after an OS update). But always, I return to LPP. Nothing can compare to all its features, not to mention the potential for SEVEN home screens and 30 rotating dock slots (touch and swipe for each slot.) Creativity in design, layout and usefulness to the individual is unsurpassed.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Both are good. It's really personal preference on which one to use. You cannot go wrong with either and both are way better then blur.