My battery went from 100% down to 30% in 3 ands half hours with barely any use at all. Wtf the phone is running slow also. I tired a restart and nothing helped. I went to battery manager and the top 3 are com.android.phone 37%, android system 27%, com.Motorola.providers.com 24%

What should I do to fix this crappy battery life?
    02-04-2011 12:26 PM
    Widets and apps refreshing in the background?

Those can cause the battery to go down. Shut off wifi, bluetooth, and gps when not in use. Lower screen timeout and brightness.

You can always do a master reset.
    02-04-2011 12:33 PM
    Just using twitter and weatherbug set to refresh ever 30 min. I've always had it like that and I never had a problem. I used to get 16-18 hrs out of a charge with a decent amount of use. I have installed a app in a long time either so I dunno what it could be.
    02-04-2011 12:54 PM
    Factory reset would be an option. Just to start fresh.
    02-04-2011 01:22 PM
    Have you downloaded any new apps recently? Some of them are designed to run in the background, even if you don't have them open. Try uninstalling those dl since this problem showed up. Then add them back one at a time. You might be able to isolate the problem app this way.

Also, if you have a lot of apps on your X and they auto-update, you will have a lot of background activity going on. All a battery drain.

I went into My Apps in Market to UN-check auto-update options in each. I still get notifications that updates are available, but I can do that when convenient. Auto-updating also bricked my X numerous times, right in the midst of when I was busy with something important. Bad, bad.
    02-05-2011 02:18 PM
    Are you running any custom roms because I have notice this on some roms?
    02-06-2011 01:52 PM
    Im running stock ROM with launcher pro. I am rooted with z4root. I have not installed any apps recently, but I have updated some. I got fed up the other day and did a factory reset and installed some of the apps that I had back on to the phone.

Today the battery lasted 11 hours with moderate use, about 30min of talk time and 100 or so texts and some web browsing.

The weird thing is that when the battery gets down to 15% left it will take around 5 mins before it will turn it self off. That never used to happen to me ever.
    02-07-2011 01:01 AM
    Your battery may have just reached an early end. You could raise cane with verizon to see if they'll ship you a new one (or if you have a nearby store...give you one). If that doesn't work, you could buy the extended battery. I have it and I always end the day with 40 to 60% battery left.

One other thought...have you noticed your signal strength lately? Maybe there are some nearby cell towers that are having problems. If you loose 3G, your battery will consume itself quickly in a constant search for better reception.
    02-07-2011 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD