Trouble reloading apps

anon(93379)

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
When I do a reset on my phone, after logging in and going to the market, my apps download in a peculiar way. It will download a few apps, but the install of them doesn't start until I actually click on the downloaded app. I have to do this for each app, free or purchased, and it seems to me that this should be a bit more automatic than what it is. I have had to reset a couple of times due to email issues and removal of a ROM and this has happened each time. Any ideas?

anon(93379)

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
This is happening after a wipe of data and programs...basically the phone is just like it is when it comes out of the box. Have to set it up just like they did when I bought it.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you on 2.2.1? Check your Settings > about phone > Android version. The systeme version should be 2.3.340. If not, click System Updates to download to the current version. A Factory Data Reset may have put you back in Operating System time.

The reason I ask this is that I vaguely recall having to do downloads the way your are describing when I first got the X last July. Now, however, downloads are a one-step thing - download and install. Just sayin'...

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Same Here

I have done a reset or two since being on .340 and I had the same problem. the apps don't auto reinstall. And it has done it in the past. Idk why all of a sudden it's not doing it. It will take forever to even start downloading them, and when it does, it will download 100% and they just sit there without installing unless i go into each one and fiddle around till it says installing.

That's weird, then it will says, applications partially restored.

anon(93379)

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
That is exactly what I am getting. I have gone to using ATrack to keep a list of apps to insure all get reinstalled after a rest. Seems weird that the updated software would cause something like this. It would seem that things should work better.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
If you aren't rooted, Astro File Manager will do a good job of restoring all your apps from your sd card. It's a lot faster than downloading your apps from 3G or wifi. The Backup/Restore is in the Menu, Tools area in Astro.

Some apps show up as Private though in Astro and cannot be backed up. There is another app called MyBackup Pro that will work on unrooted devices, but I haven't used it.

Reactions: anon(93379)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad