Vlingo question

whodatt

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have installed the Vlingo application as the default voice command function sux on the DX (by this I mean the ungodly long time it takes it to recognize you want to use it and give you the "say a command" prompt).

How does the incar feature work for you guys?
For me it only turns on when I press the button on my ear piece (even when set up to turn on when it sees a bluetooth connection). But after that initial use, it will not respond to anything.
For example, when I push the button for the first time to tell it to place a call, this works fine. After the call is complete, if I want to place another call or send a text, it will not do anything via voice command (pushing the button or just saying "call..." or "hey Vlingo", etc). I have to touch the phone and select what I want it to do (obviously when in car mode this defeats the purpose).

Anyone else having this problem? I'm using a Plantronics Voyager Pro ear piece.

Thanks for any assistance!

On a side note the whole not being able to use bluetooth when the device is locked is ridiculous, it forces you to have to grab your phone while driving and unlock it before you can place a call, pretty stupid Motorola.

fnpaulie

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't use an earpiece because I've never used one that I liked so I cannot attest to that. But, I use Vlingo everynight on my way home from work while I'm driving and I agree that it takes a very long time to decide your done talking. It also sometimes likes "call John" Sometimes "John" sometimes "call John Smith." I know it doesn't like some of these some of the time because it just exits and goes to my home screen. I get good results 80% of the time and since it was free that's good enough for me.

whodatt

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Have not tried google voice command, went with Vlingo because its supposed to recognize a bluetooth connection and automatically launch the inCar solution.

If that would work as it should and if the "Hey Vlingo" command could be recognized while the application is running in the background this application would be perfect and i would not mind paying for it at that point.
Being able have Vlingo run the navigation app and then be able to call it again from the background while the navigation app is running and have it place a call without having to touch the phone while driving would be impressive.

For the current price (free) it works fine, was just hoping to get away from touching the phone while driving in order to place calls and what not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae