I have successfully rooted my droid x and have added Barnacle WiFi tether. All is working great! The only thing that isn't working is my wireless printer - any suggestions? Also, with the Barnacle WiFi tether, I have an unsecured network. Is there any fix for that? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!
    02-10-2011 12:16 PM
    Not sure about your printer but a lot of wireless printer that I have setup needs drivers for it to work. I doubt there are much drivers for a Android phone to print.

EDIT- Are you trying to print from your phone?

If not then you would need to check and make sure your wireless printer is hooked up to your phone's wifi. You might need to hook up to your laptop/computer to see if it is.
    02-10-2011 03:05 PM
    You need specialized printers to print directly from a smartphone. HP is currently advertising them -- and it's a new feature not previously available. I tried just about everything -- and there is an app called Printer Share Premium. It works OK, but I discovered (after paying for it) that you have to pay them either per print or a flat fee for so many prints. Outrageous! It operates like a cloud ... puts your file on their site then downloads it to the printer using their software. Uninstalled it right away, despite the $$ loss. At that time, HP hadn't yet come out with its printer for
    02-10-2011 05:45 PM
    I finally dropped the money on a Wireless printer. We bought an HP yesterday for 109... Does everything I need to do... It advertises that it will print from an ipad,ipod, or iphone... And it does....
    But there's also an app on your droid that will let you do the same.. I think the only difference is with the Apple one you can do a little bit more editing and what not... I downloaded both of my phones and printed from them to make sure it worked but really didn't play..

best 110 bucks i've ever spent.
    02-11-2011 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD