Update Unsuccessful Error - Please Help

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Since yesterday, every time I try to update something from the market I get an error message that reads installation unsuccessful. Im able to dl new apps just fine. What's going on?

Last edited:

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Tried the batt pull for 3 minutes, didn't work. Still getting the same error. This has never happened to me before, and I didn't change anything to make it happen. This is extremely frustrating.

Last edited:

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem on my D2 a while back and the SD card was the problem. I backed up all my pics and stuff on it on my computer, formatted the card in my phone, put everything back, and haven't had a problem since.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Spaceman's recommendation certainly seems worth a try. I can't think of anything else that might interfere with routine app installations, other than some communication problem with the SD card.

One other thing to try is clearing out the X's browser memory cache (Market operates through the browser) ...

Open browser > menu > more > settings > Clear Cache

And, if this doesn't work, try clearing history, cookie and form data in the same menu. You would have to re-enter passwords, but it might be worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci