Suddenly Launcher Pro Plus force closes a lot...

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else with LPP on their Droid X experiencing repeated force closes lately? It was working perfectly fine for me for months until the last week or so. I went from zero force closes a day to 15 to 20. I've deleted and re-installed LPP, wiped my cache, tried rebooting, tried doing battery pulls, etc. I haven't installed any new apps in quite a while and I know there are no bad files on my SD card. I'm not sure what the cause could be. I'm non-rooted. Any ideas?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes - same here. Switched to ADW EX - MUCH MUCH better. I'm done with LPP until Fede rewrites it (hopefully soon).

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
One thing you might check ... the automatic updates from Market can brick your X or kill an app you are using. Try un-checking the auto-update feature (must be done on each app) and see if this helps. You will still get notifications updates are available, but you can do them at your own convenience. Multiple updates will dl at the same time, so it doesn't take long.

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
One thing you might check ... the automatic updates from Market can brick your X or kill an app you are using. Try un-checking the auto-update feature (must be done on each app) and see if this helps. You will still get notifications updates are available, but you can do them at your own convenience. Multiple updates will dl at the same time, so it doesn't take long.

I didn't have any apps checked to update automatically so it must be something else. In reading through the forums on LPP's website, it sounds as though this is a fairly widespread issue. Hopefully the re-write will behave better!

mdmill1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with lpp so I went to adw all was well with adw for a month or so then the same thing force closes now I am on go launcher and all is well for now.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I get about 2 a day, no where near that much. GoLauncher is a great free alternative. ADW is another good one.

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue about a month ago and switched to ADW until I bricked my phone. After an sbf I haven't had too many issues with LPP, maybe two FC's this past week.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
LPP was driving my phone crazy. Force closes, reboots etc. As the others have stated, went with ADW and things have been fine for several months now.

IkariWarrior

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
LPP was causing random reboots several times a day after the new Verizon update. I switched to ADW+ and it was fine for a few weeks but the reboots just started up again. Happens at the worst times...I may have to go back to stock :(

CanOfBees

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i picked up ADW a few days ago to give it a whirl. i quickly found that the lack of a scrolling dock was a deal breaker for me (i know there's supposed to be some sort of auxillary dock feature in ADW, but i couldn't figure out how to get it to work; definitely a user/operator error). i like to use one or two screens with just a few widgets.

i'm back on LPP. i've not noticed any unusual FCs, but the interface has gotten laggy in the last day or so. i just installed Power Control Plus for the in-notification bar control panel - i'm guessing that this might be the culprit?

anyway - didn't mean to hijack. sorry to hear that you're having problems with LPP. i can't wait for Fede to release the rewrite.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
i picked up ADW a few days ago to give it a whirl. i quickly found that the lack of a scrolling dock was a deal breaker for me (i know there's supposed to be some sort of auxillary dock feature in ADW, but i couldn't figure out how to get it to work; definitely a user/operator error). i like to use one or two screens with just a few widgets.

i'm back on LPP. i've not noticed any unusual FCs, but the interface has gotten laggy in the last day or so. i just installed Power Control Plus for the in-notification bar control panel - i'm guessing that this might be the culprit?

anyway - didn't mean to hijack. sorry to hear that you're having problems with LPP. i can't wait for Fede to release the rewrite.

Give ADW another whirl - seriously.

Once you figure out the hideable dockbar it's great. What I did was assign the "swipe up" gesture to open/close the bar - that way I can swipe anywhere on the screen to open and close it. I also missed the scrolling dock bar of LPP until I figured out how easy it was to use a swipe for opening/closing the hidden dock. Prior to that I was constantly dragging icons off the main dock trying to open/close the hidden dock - it was annoying. Also - once you have everything how you like it - just hit menu / more / lock desktop - to prevent dragging anything.

Reactions: CanOfBees

CanOfBees

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
thanks BillK - i hadn't paid close enough attention to those swipe up/down settings before. i'm giving ADW another ride around the block... it has lower memory usage for me, so that's one definite plus.

cheers!

kklier

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I have installed both LPP and ADW EX and both were causing FCs. I did a factory reset and now I only seem to get FCs from ADW. Maybe I should have just cleared the cache.

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone here an update to the release of the LPP revamp? It was slated for late Jan but still nothing. I am getting reboots at random and freezes. Really looking forward to the release.

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's feedback. My FC's have decreased in the last day or so but they're still occurring randomly. Maybe that's a good sign. According to LP's website, the re-write is still not quite ready and there's no release date yet. I'll stick with LPP for now. When it works, it works smoothly and very well and beats the hell out of the stock launcher.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
LPP was driving my phone crazy. Force closes, reboots etc. As the others have stated, went with ADW and things have been fine for several months now.

Mine just started doing this as well. All was fine for a month, then bang - FCs and reboots all the time. I hope Fede gets this rewritten. I liked ADW a lot actually, but at the end of the day I'm all about the custom dock icons.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Ihavent noticed any force closes lately but it does seem like others are having this problem. I hope it doesn't start for me. Does it matter if you are rooted or not?

jfiguraMT

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't having any issues until I tried to do a themed LPP from someone else. At that point my phone wigged out alot with reboots, force closes, etc. I got rid of the the themed LPP and went back to the one from the market yesterday. Haven't had a single issue since then.