Unknown reason -18???

Noloc0209

Oct 31, 2009
www.Examiner.com
Unknown reason -18 keeps coming up after installing anything from market....i can't even update my apps. It downloads then installs then says installation error with "unknown reason -18" any ideas? I am rooted and have been for months and just started seeing having these problems

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jazzbassist1

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Same thing

I have also noticed this is a problem, but not with every app for me. It happens on occasion when I try to update some apps, but I always get the -18 error when trying to update Angry Birds. I don't know what's going on either, so some help would be appreciated if anyone has any knowledge on the topic.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
remove the SD card physically,, then retry to download from the market with the card out....if it fails then put your sdcard back and try again

ok im going back to sleep now seriously ,,this is the 3rd time saying this lol

Edit, if this does not fix things then maybe its the market since 3 of you are reporting the same problem at the same time

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Could also be the sign of a bad of failed SD card. copy everything from the SD card to your computer and format the card.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
all you have to do is remove the smd12tmp1.asec file from the android_secure folder on your sdcard. This has to be done with terminal or connecting the device to your PC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay