Who has extended battery???

DieselBB

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I bought the extended battery and did two charge cycles. On my normal everyday use (3G HotSpot, Text, Voice Calls, 5 Email accounts, FIFA Soccor Game, 3D HomeRun, camera, Picture review, and 30% brightness) My battery last 30 Hours on 1 full charge. On the Original Battery 10 Hours MAX. The Key is to let the battery run dead and the fully charge it. Batteries have an internal memory that if you keep charging it at 50% the battery will form a memory to that and weaken your battery. I hope this is helpfully.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
nope they actually prefer u don't let battery go to zero. the new batteries don't build a memory. and I get a about 2hours more on my battery. there isn't a big leap in size. also this is the battery they are using in atrix and bionic.
I bought the extended battery and did two charge cycles. On my normal everyday use (3G HotSpot, Text, Voice Calls, 5 Email accounts, FIFA Soccor Game, 3D HomeRun, camera, Picture review, and 30% brightness) My battery last 30 Hours on 1 full charge. On the Original Battery 10 Hours MAX. The Key is to let the battery run dead and the fully charge it. Batteries have an internal memory that if you keep charging it at 50% the battery will form a memory to that and weaken your battery. I hope this is helpfully.

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking the extended battery by Seidico or Motorola? The Motorola on is 1840mh while the other is 1750mh. I have the Motorola and it does give a couple extra hours throughout the day. I honestly find not running the screen to bright made a bigger difference on battery life than the extended battery.

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I actually use the oem extended by VZW with the replacement batt cover. Very little difference in size but I notice several hours more per battery charge. FYI... The newer extended batteries are now packing 1930 mAh as opposed to 1840 mAh.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Dang, now I'm jealous...mine is BHX6, but only 1880 mah. I guess the newer ones have more juice. Oh well, I still go to bed around mid night with 40 to 60% left. That's all I really care about.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Dang, now I'm jealous...mine is BHX6, but only 1880 mah. I guess the newer ones have more juice. Oh well, I still go to bed around mid night with 40 to 60% left. That's all I really care about.

Same here lol. I would like the have the extra juice but my phone last me throughout the day so I'm fine but I do want to buy another extended battery to carry around. I have the standard battery but I'd rather extended battery.

Zaft

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the BH6X and it took a couple cycles to get the most of it. I notice around 2-3 more hours of usage.

BTW you can actually use the original battery cover.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I actually use the oem extended by VZW with the replacement batt cover. Very little difference in size but I notice several hours more per battery charge. FYI... The newer extended batteries are now packing 1930 mAh as opposed to 1840 mAh.

All BH6X batteries are 1880/1930 mAh, just look at the back of the battery the next time you do a pull.

...The Key is to let the battery run dead and the fully charge it. Batteries have an internal memory that if you keep charging it at 50% the battery will form a memory to that and weaken your battery...

Lithium Ion Polymer batteries do NOT have chemical memory.

I have the BH6X and it took a couple cycles to get the most of it. I notice around 2-3 more hours of usage.

BTW you can actually use the original battery cover.

How did you ever get the standard back on the extended battery? Why would you even want that?

I tried to do it the first time just to see if it was possible and I applied quite a bit of pressure and couldn’t get it to fit. Batteries can heat up a lot and they need to radiate and vent their heat, I would think; using the original battery cover would inhibit heat dissipation.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
My original battery was a dud as it only offered about 4 hours of use, I took it into a Verizon Corporate store to see if they would do an exchange/upgrade to an extended battery, but they would only give me a new standard battery. So I got that standard battery as back up, but I haven’t used it yet. The extended battery gives me a full 12 hours of accumulated use at the following settings:

Backlight turned as low as possible without rooting.
Screen timeout at 1 minute.
Wi-Fi turned off
Bluetooth turned off
GPS turned off
No vibrate/haptic feedback
Custom battery saver set at 15 minutes for both peak and off-peak usage.

AND I use the Magic Smoke Live Wallpaper, I noticed that the little bit of time that the "desktop" is visable is too little to make an impact on battery life.

I only have to charge this phone every three days with normal usage. About three hours a day with 30% remaining at the end of the third day.

Last edited:

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
...and it causes unnecessary pressure on the screen.

It only adds about the thickness of a credit card to the back of the phone over the battery door & most good cases will fit exactly the same as with the standard door so why would you NOT use the extended door?