Using a whole picture as a wallpaper

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to set a whole picture as wallpaper? If I take a picture as a portrait instead of holding the phone horizontally I want to be able to use the whole picture and just have it not scroll using Launcher Pro. Thanks a lot

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I believe in LPP options, you can opt to NOT have the wallpaper/picture scroll.

However, I think you might have to work with the portrait photo using an app like Photoshop to make it into a landscape photo appropriate for the wallpaper sizing. You can plug in your X to your computer using the USB Mass Storage Mode, drag photo onto desktop, work with it and drag/drop it back into your DCIM folder on the X's SD card.

Then load the photo as wallpaper the normal way.

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Yea LP can do that and I figured that I could edit it on my PC and make it work but I really really don't want to have to do it that way. It seems like other people would be interested in an app that could allow you to do that right from the phone w/o having to edit the pic. Thanks for the response.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried to load a portrait photo as a wallpaper and it doesn't seem possible, given the adjustable rectangle is wider than high. Maybe if you only had one screen (who does that?) it might give you a portrait option for the pix???

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
It seems like there has to be some way to do it. I've wanted to be able to do that since I got my X when ever it came out.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Seems like the only answer would be to create a portrait photo with black bars on either side, so the pix is actually a landscape shape. Not sure how that would look when made into a wallpaper, but maybe the black bars would be off the screen when you opt out of scrolling. Just a thought...

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Not necessarily, although you could. But, portrait is taller than wide, so widening it with black bars on either side (or color bars, for that matter) would make it wider than high, which is the standard landscape... and the shape demanded by the wallpaper aspect.

rh166c

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The only way that I found to do this was to use photoshop express, you can set a wallpaper right through the app without sizing it

sent from Saintzman's X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci