Droid X file organization question

ohwow

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Noob here--searched but haven't found so sorry if I've missed it but is there an explanation of where the DX searches first for files on the sd card? Specifically, I downloaded a zip of multiple wallpapers but can't figure out what to do next so I can use them easily in gallery. I'm rooted and should be able to solve this but am stuck. TIA

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I really am not understanding what you are trying to do, if you can see them under the Gallery what is the issue, what are you wanting to do?

ohwow

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry--I wasn't very clear. I want to be able to preview (like in gallery) the zipped wallpapers I transferred to the sd card--I need to know where to extract them so they are viewable.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry--I wasn't very clear. I want to be able to preview (like in gallery) the zipped wallpapers I transferred to the sd card--I need to know where to extract them so they are viewable.

Go to your SD card, click on the zip file and it will ask you "Extract the contents of this file into current folder?" select yes, then you can select specific file that you would like to view. If you need to move then long press and "move" to your gallery.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
or do this, after you have extracted the file, go to your extracted folder, long press, and move the pictures to another folder... for example... i have a backgrounds folder that opens up in my gallery, i just moved some .zip wallpapers to the backgrounds folder and i can view them when i open it... does that make sense?

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
First if you do not already have these apps they will make this much easier for you.

1. Astro File manager

2. Androzip free

First create a designated wallpapers folder specifically for all your wallpapers in your sd root. Once you've done that start androzip and find the location of you wallpaper zip file and select it, select 'extract to..' and navigate to the wallpapers folder you created moments ago and extract them there. Once you've done that go ahead and reboot your phone, once youre back in enter the gallery and the wallpapers folder should be present.

If you happened to extract it to the wrong folder or a folder you didnt want the wallpapers in use astro to navigate to that folder then select multiple in the top action bar, this will allow you to move multiple files at once instead of only one at a time, huuuugggggeeeeee time saver.

Good luck.