TXT and Calls Not Going Through

Datwood2009

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
This just started today but I can't send any text messages and I can't call anybody. All my text messages come back to me saying not sent. When I try to play a call everything happens as normal but there is no dial tone and no pick up from the other line.
Is anyone else having this problem? Or anybody know how to fix it?
I tried removing the battery and replacing the battery but that hasn't worked.
I forgot to mention that I cannot receive calls either.
What is weird is that I can get on the internet and receive e-mail but I can't do any texting or calling.

Last edited:

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Try using the *228 options 1 and then 2 to reprogram your phone.

Otherwise, it sounds as if your radio is turned off. The radio is the X's connection to the outside world. Check your settings to make sure you aren't in Airplane mode (which turns off your radio) and/or check your Settings > Battery Manager to make sure you aren't in a battery mode that has the radio off to conserve power.

If that doesn't work, I would say to stop by your local Verizon store.

Datwood2009

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I tried the *228 but still no dial tone.
I checked airplane mode and battery mode and everything is like it usually is and the radio says 3G at the top of the screen.
I sure hope I don't have to do a hard reset.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
There are worse things than a Factory Data Reset, but you will have to devote a couple hours to "re-inventing" your X to your own customization.

There are back-up apps for your dl apps, but Market keeps track. If you write down your apps before you do a FDR and note those that are free apps, you will only have to seek out the free ones. The paid ones will be listed under My Apps in Market for a quick download and re-install. Nearly, but not quite, painless.

Also, it gives you a chance to evaluate the apps you have added over time. If nothing else is wrong, it very well may be one of the more recent apps that is now in conflict with your X and the already-installed apps.

Whenever you have sudden issues with your X, always un-install the most recent apps, one at a time. Sooner or later, you will likely come across the one that is causing the problems. Things will return to normal after it is uninstalled.

Not all apps are good. Not all are compatible with what you already have on your X. Dl apps should be first in line for suspicion for conflicts/problems.

A battery pull after major deletions and/or installs is a very good idea. Gives the X a chance to settle in. Good luck!

Datwood2009

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and reset my phone. I used Astro to backup my apps, Backup Assistant to back up my contacts, and the SD Card to backup my ringtones and pictures.
It wasn't too bad. Everything is working now.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Thats good. It might of been also an app that caused nothing to go through. Probably good to do a few apps at a time to see if it was an app.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Thats good. It might of been also an app that caused nothing to go through. Probably good to do a few apps at a time to see if it was an app.

Very good idea. Not all apps are friendly, either with each other or with the operating system. Considering there are a zillion* OS on a zillion* Android phone varieties (nowadays), it's no wonder devs have a hard time keeping up.

It's usually a case of continual vigilance. Each time you add an app, you should watch for weirdness. If it appears, delete the app and see if it goes away. Fact of life with dl apps.

* zillion = more than 1, less than the national deficit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37