anybody else have this same screen glitch or know how to fix it?

sirspankycake

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

The problem is at the bottom of my screen.
I have had this problem a couple times but it has gone away each time.
it just started again and I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there is a way to fix it.

If you cannot view the image here is the link:
http://tinypic.com/r/o5q1s1/7

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
The image isn't loading on either links.

Could you describe the issue? Is there an entire line of pixels missing or something?

+1 for your name.

sirspankycake

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Its pretty hard to describe but basically, on my droid x, the screen indicator that pops up when I switch screens is layered over top of my contacts/app drawer/dialer buttons which don't disappear.

I don't have any pixels missing.

I tried it again.
And thanks about the name :)

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Ah…Ok.

So the wall paper is overlapping the motoblur command icon bar when you switch screens.

What System version do you have? Is it 2.3.340 with Android 2.2.1? And was any of it download over the air? If so, then you could try a full/hard system reset. But before you do that try to do a battery pull without power, if that doesn’t do it, then do one with power. Once you have done the battery pull then you can try the system restore. Fair warning though: it will erase all of your data. So back up your data to your computer and do the Verizon backup assistant, you will still have to download all your apps again, but if you use the same gmail address during startup your market app will remember what you had installed and paid for.

sirspankycake

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Welli discovered it had somethin to do with my phone being on the dock for about 8 hours. I don't know why but it started after I got back home one day, and then the next day I took it off the dock and it worked :)

But thank you!

And I like your post on gingerbread for the X. Especially the black status bar! I've really been wanting that! Tried using a ROM but you know the deal with Droid X and ROMs...
They just don't seem to want to work together.