Android 2.3 offers:

Barometer support (WHAT!?! Phones have barometers?) This update does a lot more but the X already handles it all except for the barometer thing (at least I donít think the X has a barometer). All they need now is thermometer support and an app could accurately predict local micro weather cells even with no wireless service.

Seriously though it also has support for these cool new features:

-System wide copy and paste.
    -Download manager Ė this is fracking awesome! Now you donít have to restart a download from the beginning when it fails to complete at 98%
    -New black status bar and icons with new U/I
    -New audio effects manager
    -Speech Recorder

Android 2.3.3 offers:

-AMR Wideband and ACC formats for Video.
    -Bluetooth API for non-secure linked devices that donít have U/I interfaces.

Android 3.0 offers:

-System wide clipboard for more than just text!
    -custom logos and icons for action bar
    -New photo controls for aperture, ISO, exposure time, time lapse video
    -DRM BOOOOOOO!!!!

This list is definitely not the full list of changes, but just a few that caught my eye.
    03-02-2011 12:58 AM
    Sounds cool. Wonder when it will be released.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    03-02-2011 02:28 AM
    I recall reading that they were also including screen capture functionality?
    03-02-2011 03:24 AM
    for 2.3 i like that the wifi icon changes color if you are connected to the wifi but not the internet, for example if you were in starbucks and your phone auto connected but you hadn't launched your browser and accepted the term and conditions.
    03-02-2011 09:52 AM
    I recall reading that they were also including screen capture functionality?
    I remember seeing the same thing in a separate article, but this list came from the android developers website and I only listed things that popped out at me as they were described. I believe that screen capture is incorporated into the system wide clipboard feature.
    03-02-2011 10:20 AM
    It's all very nice to drool over Gingerbread and Honeycomb, but the question is "when" ... and also a measure of "if" for the X, especially for 3.0.

Sure would be nice to at least hear/see some buzz on 2.3, but the quiet is deafening! Not even a rumor floating around at this point. Almost too quiet.
    03-02-2011 10:45 AM
    Almost certain the X will never see 3.0
    03-02-2011 11:12 AM
    That would be too bad because the X is still a primo Android compared to almost all the others.
    03-02-2011 06:51 PM
    It's all very nice to drool over Gingerbread and Honeycomb, but the question is "when" ... and also a measure of "if" for the X, especially for 3.0.

Sure would be nice to at least hear/see some buzz on 2.3, but the quiet is deafening! Not even a rumor floating around at this point. Almost too quiet.
    My thoughts exactly!! Couldn't have said it better! Strange, isn't it?
    03-02-2011 09:12 PM
    It won't have screenshot but ability but allow apps to do screen shots without root, I think. I briefly read through it since I was in a rush but it was something like that.
    03-02-2011 09:56 PM
    I want it now!!
    03-08-2011 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD